what are your thoughts..

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2010, 08:26 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
* On natural child birth - I really believe in it. I really think every woman should go in to birth with an open mind and not dead set on getting an epidural. Knowing the option is available and getting it when you don't think you can handle it anymore is one thing, but I think if a lot of women tried it they would be surprised what they can do!
* on elective FIRST c-sections (with no medical need) - okay, here is my opinion and I Hope I don't offend anyone....insurance does not cover any other elective surgery, so why would they cover an elective unnecessary c-section? If there is a true medical need for it, that's one thing, but just to get it because..I strongly disagree with.
*on homebirthing - I think it's a great option to have available, and I think insurance should be more willing to cover it! It would save them a ton of money
*on the husband being IN the room during the birth - well, there might have been a time or two when I told him to get the EFFFF out, but I think he should be in there. I think he would be devastated to miss the birth of his child too

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth

Last edited by ChicaChels; April 12th, 2010 at 04:07 PM.
April 12th, 2010, 08:55 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
* On natural child birth - huge supporter! I desperatly wated a natural childbirth w/ my first. I got it with my second!

* on elective FIRST c-sections (with no medical need) - it is atrocious! I was pretty sure docs took the Hippocratic oath - do no harm - an un-needed c/s is doing harm.

*on homebirthing - on the fence - I think I would like to do one, but I am too afraid of something going wrong. For others, I think it is great! For me, I don't know...

*on the husband being IN the room during the birth - yeah, he should be there...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 12th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
* On natural child birth
I've had a natural birth and a medicated birth. I don't think either one was better than the other. If a woman wants a natural birth, there's no reason she shouldn't try.

* on elective FIRST c-sections (with no medical need)
I'm so afraid of having any surgery that I can't imagine wanting a c-section for no reason.

*on homebirthing
I'm too chicken to do it, even if my husband were on board. I think it should be legal and I think it's stupid that insurance won't usually cover it.

*on the husband being IN the room during the birth
Why would the husband not be in the room? If he's squeamish, he can stay by mom's head.
April 12th, 2010, 11:45 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
*On natural child birth - I'm a big proponent. But I recognize it's not the right choice for every woman.
* on elective FIRST c-sections (with no medical need) - adamantly opposed to OB's being allowed to offer a primary elective cesarean, however I believe in choice during birth. If a woman wants to choose a cesarean, I have a hard time ethically with the idea that someone should deny her that. However, I do believe someone choosing an elective primary or repeat cesarean should be counseled on the risks inherent in the procedure to mother and child before the OB should be permitted to operate. We require counseling prior to an abortion in many states, so it's not an unprecedented requirement.
*on homebirthing - I believe it should be a choice available to ALL women. I do not believe the govt should be allow to restrict anyone's right to a safe, assisted HB - including in high risk cases. I believe insurance companies should be required to cover homebirth and birthing centers - at least as an out of network option if nothing else.
*on the husband being IN the room during the birth - a must! And I don't want anyone else there besides him. We were the only ones there when the baby was created, I don't see why anyone else should be there when he/she is born

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
April 12th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
* On natural child birth It's not for me but I think it's great that some women can do it. What I can't stand is first time Mama's preaching to me how horrible it is of me to get an epidural and saying they definately will not have one and then halfway through their labor get an epidural because they just can't handle it..THAT irritates the you know what out of me!! (I had a friend who did this)

* on elective FIRST c-sections (with no medical need) I don't understand why anyone would want to elect to have a c-section without a good honest medical reason

*on homebirthing DEFINATELY not for me but to those who have done it/ are going to do it more power to them.

*on the husband being IN the room during the birth and where else would he be?? He wanted to be there for the fun fun part so he can coach me through the not so fun part.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 12th, 2010, 03:57 PM
i put the husband in the room thing because I have heard of many women not wanting them in the room (I don't think our occassional poster "JulieMC" had her hubby in the room? I'm not sure, though)...some women want the guys in the waiting room..waiting (you know, like in the old days, passing out cigars, etc )

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
April 13th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
* On natural child birth - I am a HUGE supporter. I believe every birth should be attempted vaginally and without interventions or meds... and the keyword is attempted...

* on elective FIRST c-sections (with no medical need) - Totally against it... I had a friend that was said she was diagnosed with a bleeding disorder, was taking blood thinners during her pregnancy, and was told she HAD to have a c-section because she could bleed to death? Ummmm... Right... you would bleed to death quicker during a c-section then a vaginal delivery... Come to find out she opted for the section because she was afraid of the pain with a vag birth... Hmmm... I am against sections but if there is a legit medical need where a section is warranted then ok...

*on homebirthing - I am for it! Since I ended up with a door knob for an OB and ended up with being threatened with a section and ended up with an epi.. I would LOVE to have my next pregnancies be homebirthed...

*on the husband being IN the room during the birth - Totally.... and he was...
April 15th, 2010, 02:31 AM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Julie did end up having him in the room lol.

As far as natural birth, it's great and all and I tried it with my first, and that was definitely a no go. Ever after, regardless of what I say, it's all about the epidural.

Elective C-section? It's not my business, you want to get a c-section to have the baby? Go ahead that's your business, with or without medical reason. No one questions why moms get abortions, in fact we fight for their right to get it, so what you do to your body is YOUR business....across the board. If insurance can cover abortions, then it should cover c-sections, elective or otherwise.

Homebirthing? If it's assisted with a professional, yes, insurance COVER it!!! How you birth your baby is your business... whatever it takes to make your birth experience awesome, DO IT.

And heck yes, my ex was in the room when I had my first three, DH was in the room with Ava, they'd better be.

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

April 15th, 2010, 09:38 AM
ang, i heart you

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
April 15th, 2010, 07:06 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
* On natural child birth -
I'm hoping to go totally natural this time. Last time I had it without the pain meds, but it was an induction. I've done it once without the induction, but I had an epi then, so I haven't been TOTALLY natural before, I've also done induction with epi, that was my least favorite birth, so less is better (for me).
* on elective FIRST c-sections (with no medical need) -
After you've had one, or for a breech baby, fine. But I think people who do it the first time elective for no reason are...misinformed or something...surgery? I pass.
*on homebirthing -
I like the idea, but I also like the time away from my house. I think homebirth is perfectly safe though.
*on the husband being IN the room during the birth
He'd better be is all I got to say, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search