Scheduled?

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2010, 06:01 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Was your induction scheduled or was it an emergency induction (low fluids, etc)?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 13th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All 3 of mine were scheduled. Noah was scheduled 3 days in advance but only because L&D was extremely busy otherwise I would have been induced the next morning. Nicky was scheduled about 5 days in advance. Aly was scheduled a week in advance. I'm only 13 weeks with this one so nowhere near delivery but I'm willing to bet this one will be induced as well. Going by the last measurement on ultrasound baby is measuring bigger than my dates and going by the trend my babies have of gaining a full pound on the one before it, the doctor is already worried about a large baby and has told me I need to be very careful what I eat in order to help baby not be so big. But I'd be A-Ok with this one deciding it wants to come a week or two early on it's own LOL

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 13th, 2010, 06:50 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Mine was scheduled...OB recommended induction after our 38wk sizing u/s, and it was scheduled 8 days later.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 13th, 2010, 09:08 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
mine was emergency at 37w for pre-e/hellp. and after looking over my own medical records, it looks like icp was a factor too which I didn't know until last night.

im lucky my midwifery group doesnt even start talking about induction until 43w (the hospital policy), but they encourage natural inductions (acupuncture, chiropractor, etc) before they want you in to start medical inductions...

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 13th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was going to be scheduled for a couple days after my actual due day.. the MW wanted to give my body the benefit of the doubt but didn't want me going much past 40weeks due to gestational diabetes...

My little girl had other things in mind... she decided she was ready to evacuate 2 weeks early on her own...
April 14th, 2010, 07:32 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
"Emergency" I guess because my blood pressure was so high when I went to my regularly weekly OB appointment, but I was already in early labor... so I dunno.... I think it was more of a "helping to speed things up" than an "induction".

April 17th, 2010, 07:51 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Mine was scheduled. I hit the hospital's stupid arbitrary deadline and they wouldn't agree to give me more time even though my fluid levels were perfect and NST results were awesome (they want to see 4 accelerations in 20-30 minutes, and I had 4 in 10 minutes and they unhooked me and said my baby was perfect and I didn't need to finish the test strip). Next time I'm going to lie about my LMP and refuse any early u/s so that I get to actually go to 43 weeks instead of 42.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
April 24th, 2010, 03:39 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
My first child was induced when I went into labor on my own and my daughter was in trouble. I wasn't progressing fast enough and they were worried about her so they "helped" me along.
My second was scheduled. I went in on Wednesday for my appointment at 38 weeks, measured 42 (had been ahead the whole time) and she asked if I wanted to induce on Monday. I said sure. So we induded at 38 weeks 6 days LOL.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 27th, 2010, 11:00 AM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Scheduled.

June 6th, 2010, 05:57 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Both mine were Scheduled!
June 30th, 2010, 05:40 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Scheduled at 36w 1d after an amnio at 36 weeks.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

July 26th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Both! I was scheduled to be induced at 39 weeks due to health issues, but ended up being induced at 37 due to pre-e.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search