Did anyone who was in the room with you

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
during labor or delivery have any stories to share with you afterwards of things you did/said but don't remember doing or saying?

With my first: my DH, mom, and brother all swear I bit my brother on the ear when he tried to hug me goodbye. My DH and my OB both told me that when the OB was trying to tell me about the forcep delivery and got to the point where he said that most of the side effects would be toward me and not the baby that I yelled "Just get it out of me!"

With my second: I aparently tried to bribe my husband with sex if he'd just go get me a sandwich and a coke because I was so hungry/thirsty.

With my third: Both DH and my mom swear that during a big contraction I bit Dh's hand and tried to bite my mom's hand and she had to hold my head back with a hand on my forehead just to keep me from biting her.

I'm pretty sure they are all making all that up though

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 13th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope... I remember the entire labor and birth like it was yesterday...

I have a very good memory and well I remember having to remind DH of some things that happened because he didn't remember much of that day because of his sleep deprivation...
April 13th, 2010, 08:11 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Nope, I remember everything very clearly. I'm not the type to go into a psychotic rage or say crazy things. Even in massive amounts of pain, I am a nice as can be. Now, if I would have gotten narcotic pain meds, then yea, I might have said a lot of crazy stuff (b/c that stuff makes me hallucinate).

April 13th, 2010, 09:05 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I forgot a lot - I was up for almost 70 hours by the time Brylie was born and I was in hard, pain medication free labor for 19 hours.

I do remember punching poor Sam in the face when he told me to relax during a contraction though I said "YOU RELAX YOUR FACE B!+CH!" and punched him!

but no there is a lot that I don't remember...several hours are totally empty to me

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 13th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
I forgot a lot - I was up for almost 70 hours by the time Brylie was born and I was in hard, pain medication free labor for 19 hours.

I do remember punching poor Sam in the face when he told me to relax during a contraction though I said "YOU RELAX YOUR FACE B!+CH!" and punched him!

but no there is a lot that I don't remember...several hours are totally empty to me
Weren't you on Mag Sulfate at some point? I have been told by multiple friends that have been on Mag that the first day or two of their child's birth was a blur and they say Mag causes it...???
April 14th, 2010, 09:43 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeah I was on Mag but it didnt bother me the way a lot of people say it does. I was just exhausted. I was up at 545am Thursday and all night (itching and nesting-ish), then up all day Friday, all night, up all day Saturday in hard labor and then up until like 5am or so Sunday morning (she was born at 1030pm Sat)...i was exhausted

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 20th, 2010, 10:31 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Yeah, with my first I said "Hi baby" and dh reminded me about it, and it brought back all sorts of memories, I had forgotten that, but I remembered why I chose those words and that I had after dh told the story.

April 21st, 2010, 05:03 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
I don't remember a lot of my labor and almost nothing after she was born. But it's tough for me to get anyone to talk to me about it. I want to know a lot of the details bc it's upsetting to me that I can't remember. But my DH was traumatized too from the experience and he doesn't want to discuss it ever

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search