Log In Sign Up

Introducing the 2004 Playroom...we're on a field trip!


Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
April 14th, 2010, 11:15 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 59,995
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Due to budget cuts the approval for our field trip was delayed, so we're two days late. (ie I got busy).

The 2004 PR has some members who've been MIA due to some family complications right now, so I hope we have people stop by for this field trip, but at least I'm here on our field trip!

So I'll start by asking a question (or two), and hopefully come by more later with more questions!

1) How many of you are newbies to labor and chidbirth, ie first time moms?
2) How many of you are pregnant?
3) Have you ever clicked on the printable birth plan up above? Every time I come here I swear I'm going to...and forget.
__________________





Reply With Quote
  #2  
April 14th, 2010, 11:39 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I'm a husker girl :)
Posts: 16,335
welcome!!!! its great to have you here!!


im a first time mom, and eager to be a 2nd time mom! I cant wait to be preggo again


i have clicked on the birth plan, and im not very impressed ..its pretty simple and doesn't include a lot of what's important to me!
__________________

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
Reply With Quote
  #3  
April 14th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,741
I'm working on being a 4th time Mama

I'm pregnant with our 4th and final kiddo.

I haven't clicked on the birth plan. I never had a birth plan with any of my labors/deliveries.
__________________
Andrea, Mama to.. Noah (2006), Nickolas (2007), Alyzabeth (2008), and Savannah (2010)


Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

Reply With Quote
  #4  
April 14th, 2010, 01:20 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,810
welcome field trippers!

I'm a first time mama...not currently pregnant, although we might TTC before end of the year (assuming i drug DH or something 'cause right now he's not up for 2 in diapers LOL).

I have never clicked on the birth plan...didn't use one myself...but now I'm curious...
__________________
Lara

Savannah Stylin!





Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
April 14th, 2010, 01:59 PM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Osgoode,Ontario, Canada
Posts: 30,992
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
Hi I am Brigitte from the Jan - Dec 2004 playroom. I have 3 kids and am finished.

Is this your first pregnancy?

Are you a working mom to be or a stay at home mom to be if this is your first pregnancy?

Are any of you using a doula for when its time?

Are you planing on getting an epi or try and go natural?

Are you going to find out the sex of your baby or keep a surprise?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #6  
April 14th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,051
Hi Brigitte!

1) How many of you are newbies to labor and chidbirth, ie first time moms?
I have two kids. I didn't start visiting here until after I had my 2nd.

2) How many of you are pregnant?
Not currently pregnant nor am I trying to get pregnant. I just wandered over here one day and decided to stay.

3) Have you ever clicked on the printable birth plan up above? Every time I come here I swear I'm going to...and forget.
I never clicked on it because I figured it was like most online birth plan things. I just clicked on it now and confirmed my thoughts. I'm not a fan of those because when you show up with a birth plan that says "no enema" (which is not routine anymore), the L&D nurses are less likely to take your birth plan seriously.

Are you a working mom to be or a stay at home mom to be if this is your first pregnancy?
I work part-time from home.

Are any of you using a doula for when its time?
Nope. I probably won't in the future, either.

Are you planing on getting an epi or try and go natural?
I've done both and I'm open to both. I try to go with the flow during labor.

Are you going to find out the sex of your baby or keep a surprise?
I prefer to find out the sex of the baby. I figure there are enough surprises with not knowing when labor will start, how it will start, how it will progress, etc.
__________________
Mama to an elementary school boy, kindergarten girl, and my miracle toddler girl.
Three 10w losses (11/2010 + 8/2011 + 10/2014)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
April 14th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,741
Is this your first pregnancy? Nope.. my 4th and final

Are you a working mom to be or a stay at home mom to be if this is your first pregnancy? I'm a SAHM but this is my 4th kiddo

Are any of you using a doula for when its time? Nope

Are you planing on getting an epi or try and go natural? Epi definately

Are you going to find out the sex of your baby or keep a surprise? We're going to find out the sex, but we're going to TRY to keep it a secret from family and friends until baby day
__________________
Andrea, Mama to.. Noah (2006), Nickolas (2007), Alyzabeth (2008), and Savannah (2010)


Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

Reply With Quote
  #8  
April 14th, 2010, 07:04 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 59,995
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
welcome!!!! its great to have you here!!


im a first time mom, and eager to be a 2nd time mom! I cant wait to be preggo again


i have clicked on the birth plan, and im not very impressed ..its pretty simple and doesn't include a lot of what's important to me!
So you inspired me to click on the birth plan, and I found one thing I really don't like, you can't unclick something if you do it by accident.

I'm interested because I am pregnant right now, I don't think my siggy mentions that, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama to 3 Monsters View Post
I'm working on being a 4th time Mama

I'm pregnant with our 4th and final kiddo.

I haven't clicked on the birth plan. I never had a birth plan with any of my labors/deliveries.
I had one for only one of my pregnancies, a formal one that is, it got thrown out the window!

When are you due?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-SBB View Post
welcome field trippers!

I'm a first time mama...not currently pregnant, although we might TTC before end of the year (assuming i drug DH or something 'cause right now he's not up for 2 in diapers LOL).

I have never clicked on the birth plan...didn't use one myself...but now I'm curious...
Did your labor goes as you planned, even though there wasn't a "birth plan"?
__________________





Reply With Quote
  #9  
April 14th, 2010, 07:10 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 59,995
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlife View Post
Hi Brigitte!

1) How many of you are newbies to labor and chidbirth, ie first time moms?
I have two kids. I didn't start visiting here until after I had my 2nd.

2) How many of you are pregnant?
Not currently pregnant nor am I trying to get pregnant. I just wandered over here one day and decided to stay.

3) Have you ever clicked on the printable birth plan up above? Every time I come here I swear I'm going to...and forget.
I never clicked on it because I figured it was like most online birth plan things. I just clicked on it now and confirmed my thoughts. I'm not a fan of those because when you show up with a birth plan that says "no enema" (which is not routine anymore), the L&D nurses are less likely to take your birth plan seriously.

Are you a working mom to be or a stay at home mom to be if this is your first pregnancy?
I work part-time from home.

Are any of you using a doula for when its time?
Nope. I probably won't in the future, either.

Are you planing on getting an epi or try and go natural?
I've done both and I'm open to both. I try to go with the flow during labor.

Are you going to find out the sex of your baby or keep a surprise?
I prefer to find out the sex of the baby. I figure there are enough surprises with not knowing when labor will start, how it will start, how it will progress, etc.
I know the enema thing kinda bewildered me, lol.

Do you have your birth stories on JM somewhere?
__________________





Reply With Quote
  #10  
April 14th, 2010, 07:40 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I'm a husker girl :)
Posts: 16,335
Is this your first pregnancy? im waiting to start trying for #2 until August hoping to get preg in Dec/Janish

Are you a working mom to be or a stay at home mom to be if this is your first pregnancy? sahm working on building a wahm business

Are any of you using a doula for when its time? we did not, we definitely will be in future pregnancies

Are you planing on getting an epi or try and go natural? well, i was induced so it wasn't 100% natural (emergency induction) but I did not have an epidural or any other pain medication

Are you going to find out the sex of your baby or keep a surprise? we found out, but told everyone we didn't. it was fun to have that secret between us
__________________

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
Reply With Quote
  #11  
April 14th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
Do you have your birth stories on JM somewhere?
You know, I don't think I do. I'll dig around and see if I can find them.
__________________
Mama to an elementary school boy, kindergarten girl, and my miracle toddler girl.
Three 10w losses (11/2010 + 8/2011 + 10/2014)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
April 15th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,051
I found where I had posted them on another site and did a copy/paste to get them here.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f8...ted-birth.html (Two Birth stories (PROM w/pitocin&epidural; unmedicated birth))
__________________
Mama to an elementary school boy, kindergarten girl, and my miracle toddler girl.
Three 10w losses (11/2010 + 8/2011 + 10/2014)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
April 15th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
When are you due?

October 15th
__________________
Andrea, Mama to.. Noah (2006), Nickolas (2007), Alyzabeth (2008), and Savannah (2010)


Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

Reply With Quote
  #14  
April 15th, 2010, 06:57 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 59,995
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
Is this your first pregnancy? im waiting to start trying for #2 until August hoping to get preg in Dec/Janish

Are you a working mom to be or a stay at home mom to be if this is your first pregnancy? sahm working on building a wahm business

Are any of you using a doula for when its time? we did not, we definitely will be in future pregnancies

Are you planing on getting an epi or try and go natural? well, i was induced so it wasn't 100% natural (emergency induction) but I did not have an epidural or any other pain medication

Are you going to find out the sex of your baby or keep a surprise? we found out, but told everyone we didn't. it was fun to have that secret between us
What makes you plan to use a doula next time?

What caused your emergency induction?
__________________





Reply With Quote
  #15  
April 15th, 2010, 07:23 PM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Osgoode,Ontario, Canada
Posts: 30,992
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
How many kids does everyone already have?

How many kids would you like to have?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #16  
April 16th, 2010, 09:37 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemomof3 View Post
How many kids does everyone already have?

How many kids would you like to have?
Oh boy, I feel like I'm late to my own party here Sorry ladies! But let me crash in on this and maybe we can have a multi-day field trip.

I have 1 dd - and would ideally like to have 3-4 more children. Well that's not exactly true. Ideally I'd like 6-7 more children but my ovaries are aging fast and I only probably have time for 3-4 more.

And in no particular order, I did have a birth plan bc it was standard practice in my my midwifery office to have one. You sit down at 35 weeks and make it WITH the midwife. She explains everything to you and asks for your opinion/preferences on every issue that they deem to be important. Then you get a chance to discuss things important to you that weren't mentioned and they add that in. I personally think a piece of paper is worthless as a birth plan, but that conversation with your provider and your labor support person is critical. When my labor turned sour, I never had to make a snap decision about something bc we had already discussed the pros and cons of everything. It made a very stressful situation as pleasant as possible under the circumstances.

I did not have a doula and regret it now. I would like one in future pregnancies, but DH was adamantly opposed. We'll see who wins that fight next time.

I am very pro-choice when it comes to labor and delivery. I believe every woman is entitled to have the information she needs to make choices for herself and that she should be supported and respected by everyone involved in the birth. For some that will be induction. For others that will be an epidural. For me, it would have been no induction and no epidural. I used to consider myself pro-natural childbirth, but now I have ammended my opinion to be simply pro-choice. No woman should ever be forced or coerced into anything that she is not comfortable with in regard to the delivery of her baby.
__________________

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
Reply With Quote
  #17  
April 16th, 2010, 10:28 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I'm a husker girl :)
Posts: 16,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd3tdance View Post
what makes you plan to use a doula next time? my induction was out of nowhere, and we were prepared for a normal spontaneous labor but not what happened. My poor husband had to coach me (we did bradley) through 30 hours of emotional and physical exhaustion. I was emotionally damaged, and physically exhausted from being up several hours before i was even induced. At brylie's birth i had been awake for about 72 hours straight. I don't remember the first...week? Of her life other than what time we spent back in the hospital (she got readmitted at 5d old). Had it not been for my awesome above-and-beyond midwife and nurse, we never would've gotten even close to the birth we wanted. We needed a doula


what caused your emergency induction? i was dx with mild pre-e at my 30w appt, and at my 37w appt i was pretty much told i was doing great (i was, i hadn't had any protein in my urine, high bp, liver pain, headaches/spotty vision for over 3w) and my bedrest was lightened to "light activity"..welli didn't change anything, (as in i didn't do anymore than i had been) and i went in for my nst the friday after my 37w appt (which was on a tuesday) and told the u/s tech i had a headache and felt like i was looking in a bucket of oil, got an all expenses paid trip to l&d and had some bloodwork done. Once my bloodwork came back it was total chaos - everyone seriously thought i was going to die or something. My midwife has an induction rate of like 4.9% so it's definitely not her normal practice. I had hellp and i found out a couple days ago, icp. My liver enzymes were out of control








my birth story is posted in the birth story subforum here, and in the ncb subforum and the aug 09 playroom subforum


ideally, we want about 8 kids. More than 5, less than..idk? 20? we're a small town catholic farm family, you know right now, we have one perfect daughter


we definitely had a birth plan and it was followed as closely as possible. my midwife rocks.
__________________

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
Reply With Quote
  #18  
April 18th, 2010, 01:58 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 59,995
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaMomma! View Post
Oh boy, I feel like I'm late to my own party here Sorry ladies! But let me crash in on this and maybe we can have a multi-day field trip.

I have 1 dd - and would ideally like to have 3-4 more children. Well that's not exactly true. Ideally I'd like 6-7 more children but my ovaries are aging fast and I only probably have time for 3-4 more.

And in no particular order, I did have a birth plan bc it was standard practice in my my midwifery office to have one. You sit down at 35 weeks and make it WITH the midwife. She explains everything to you and asks for your opinion/preferences on every issue that they deem to be important. Then you get a chance to discuss things important to you that weren't mentioned and they add that in. I personally think a piece of paper is worthless as a birth plan, but that conversation with your provider and your labor support person is critical. When my labor turned sour, I never had to make a snap decision about something bc we had already discussed the pros and cons of everything. It made a very stressful situation as pleasant as possible under the circumstances.

I did not have a doula and regret it now. I would like one in future pregnancies, but DH was adamantly opposed. We'll see who wins that fight next time.

I am very pro-choice when it comes to labor and delivery. I believe every woman is entitled to have the information she needs to make choices for herself and that she should be supported and respected by everyone involved in the birth. For some that will be induction. For others that will be an epidural. For me, it would have been no induction and no epidural. I used to consider myself pro-natural childbirth, but now I have ammended my opinion to be simply pro-choice. No woman should ever be forced or coerced into anything that she is not comfortable with in regard to the delivery of her baby.
I'd like it if my midwife did a birthplan with me, though she won't be delivering me.

The 04 PR always does everything in multi-day by the way, we don't let threads die in our PR, so why would we do it elsewhere? lol

Does your SO also want 3-4 / 6-7 more?
__________________





Reply With Quote
  #19  
April 18th, 2010, 03:03 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I'm a husker girl :)
Posts: 16,335
@LJ - why won't your MW be delivering you?
__________________

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
Reply With Quote
  #20  
April 18th, 2010, 11:48 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 59,995
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I HATE with a passion beyond belief, both of the hospitals she's allowed to deliver at. She will be getting on at my hospital of choice in July...I'm due June 16 so, lol.
__________________





Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:03 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0