How did you feel

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2010, 09:51 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
when they told you that you were going to be induced?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 27th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With every single one I felt.... Grateful!!!! By that time I was so completely done with being pregnant.. feeling like complete crap and throwing up everyday for 9 months really gets to ya Plus by the time Aly was due, I was so worried about what we were going to do with the boys if I went into labor on my own. I did NOT want them in the delivery room during that time especially because Noah was only 2 1/2 years old and Nicky was only 14 months. The closest that anyone who could watch them was was 3 hours from our house and 4 hours from the hospital. So I liked being able to plan for someone to be with the boys (even if they did end up bringing them to the hospital).

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

April 27th, 2010, 11:59 AM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was asked to be induced, but when the doctor actually handed me my induction paper, I felt anxious.

May 14th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When my OB told me they always induce GD pt's at 38 weeks, the first thing out of my mouth was, "Like he!! I am."

I spoke my words, and put my foot down and told them I would not be consenting to an induction at no 38 or even 40 weeks just because I have gestational diabetes... After that appointment was I was told I would be induced, needless to say the relationship with my OB was tainted and the following appointments were not so friendly...

But DD had other plans and came at 38 weeks on her own...
May 16th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Amanda_Marie's Avatar Mommy to Owen
I was so completely nervous and freaking out. I totally didn't expect it and didn't expect to have a baby for at least 3 or more weeks. It was scary, but had to be done.

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my beautiful siggy!
June 6th, 2010, 06:54 AM
babi_lovin11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to babi_lovin11
Excited because I asked to be induced.

Normally my with my OB if you are having an excellent pregnancy like I was with both my girls with no medical need to induce they will not schedule an induction until 42-43 weeks.

But where I was 6 hours away from home and was in town staying at the bed and breakfast since 37 weeks. He done a "financial induction" at 40 weeks.
June 30th, 2010, 06:38 PM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Relieved.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

July 18th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Nervous, but not surprised. My water bag broke before labor began, so I just thought of it as normal procedure.

Last edited by Believe_it; September 1st, 2010 at 07:03 PM.
July 26th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was angry as hell!
I had not been told that it is standard procedure to induce women with my risk factors until I was about 20-25 weeks. I was adamant that they would not be inducing me, period. I thought that the only reason that they wanted to induce me was for convenience on their part. It was not until I talked to my pulmonologist and he explained why I should be induced that I calmed down about the whole thing.

September 9th, 2010, 07:03 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattqui View Post
im getting induced at 3 today and im pooping it i havent once been told what will happen to me and reading all the comm's on here has rele helped. I hope i have a quick labour as i have heart problems..
Good luck! Please share your story with us when you're feeling better, and come back for any support you may need! Lots of easy labor vibes!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
September 21st, 2010, 09:53 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I felt panicked. Like you know when something bad, unexpected happens and you get the news...and you have this "oh my god" feeling in your chest/heart that just seizes up? I felt like that. If that makes any sense. Then my mind was racing..and I was like "oh my god I'm going to have a baby I'm not ready yet". I told the doc I had to go home first and get my stuff together (I hadn't even gotten a bag packed yet..I thought I had another 2 weeks at least). I was worried she wouldn't let me go at least get my stuff because my BP was sooo high. But she did. Then as I was driving, I called my DH and told him..and I was crying and so scared! Which is weird because both my dh and I had a premonition before my appointment that I'd be checking in later that night .. we even went out for a huge lunch, "just in case"...cuz I told him how they like to starve you when you go in the hospital.

October 7th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I was upset because I really did not want to be induced. I had planned to have a natural birth. I managed to get the induction pushed out to 41 weeks hoping she would come on her own, but she just wouldn't. I have to say though that the induction went perfectly. I still do not want to have one the next time around, but at least I know it's not always like all the horror stories I had heard.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search