My Odd But True Birth Story!

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Hello Members!

My name is Mikaela and I am only 19 years old. I wanted to share my birth story with you because it is a very odd one for a 19 year old girl. Now keep in mind, I am only 5’2 and not pregnant I weighed 120lbs and when pregnant I weighed the most at 140lbs.

So the night before I went into labour me and my fiancé had gotten into a massive fight. Really, Not a bright idea girls! Keep the fights till after you give birth. My body was so OVER sensitive, anything triggered me into false labour. Five weeks before I actually gave birth, I was having such bad labour pains the doctors at the hospital was going to send me to sick kids in Victoria B.C Canada. Not really wanted I wanted because my little boy would come way too early. But they had managed to keep the labour off for a few days and sent me home. –Phew-

Anyway! So the night before I gave birth, me and my fiancé had gotten into a huge fight. Like, yelling, screaming and crying. We had made up, yes, that kind of made up also. And I went home; I started to feel a little crampy but thought nothing of it. When I finally went to the bathroom, I had a little show! I had no idea what was going on so I called my sister. She told me that it was my plug that broke and I shouldn’t get excited. The baby could be coming tonight, tomorrow, or a few weeks from now.

So not really excited, but still kind of, I went to bed thinking I had 3 more weeks till my little monster showed up. But he had other plans, which they always do! Haha. I woke up around 4:30am really having to pee. So I quickly got up and out of bed, and I felt like I had already peed myself. Not much, but just enough to worry you. I quickly (or as quickly as my baby bump would go) I went straight into the washroom, empty my bladder and noticed I had a huge bloody show. But yet, no pain. Staring into the toilet I thought about going into my mom’s room. Since, I still live with my parents. So, getting a little scared I rushed into m y mother’s room and started to shake her.

“Mom...Mom...MOM!” Finally she rolled over and looked at me.
“What’s wrong Mikaela?”
“I think my water broke...”
“What!?” and just like that my mother jumped out of bed and followed me into the bathroom. Mom noticed the bloody show, but thought nothing of it because I wasn’t having any pain. Hell, I wasn’t even really all that worried. So when I went back to my room to lie down, I called my fiancé and told him my water and broke. He got all excited, but I told him to go back to sleep because nothing was going to happen for awhile.

Man was I wrong!

Fifteen minutes later the pain kicked in. I got up and went to find my mother, a few tears in my eyes. I told her I really thought it was time and we should get going. At that moment, my fiancé phoned back and I told him right away to meet us at the hospital. I got dressed and threw my soaked panties in a bag so they could do the test on them.

We arrived at the hospital and was placed into the “waiting/test” room. They put the straps on my stomach, and we all watched the contractions. The lady took my panties and came back a few minutes later to tell me that yes, my water did break. And that’s when I realized, it truly was time. The nurse came back in and gave me a shot of demurral into my back and then shipped me off to a birthing room.

I had a few hot showers to help with the lower back contractions I was having and laid in bed. Little did I know, I was going to have a very restful sleep. I had slept from 6am to 12pm. half way through the nurse came in and told my mom she could go home because it was going to be awhile. They were all convinced my son wasn`t going to come till later that afternoon, or early the next morning. The nurse told my mom that they would see how I was at lunch, give me an epidural and educe me.

But once again, my little man had different plans. When I woke up at 12, I had the sudden urge to push with every contraction I had. I was convinced I had to take a poo. So I quickly rolled out of bed and try as I might, push. Nothing happened. So I gave up and went back into bed. A few minutes later the nurse came back into my room and asked me how I was doing. I told her I had the urge to push; she gave me a look and told me she was off to find to find my doctor.

The nurse came back in one minute with my doctor. He told me he was going to tell me how diluted I was. As soon as he went up, he came right back out and gave me a smile and simply said “It’s time to push.” Freaking out, I turned and looked at my fiancé and told him to call my mother right now!

Being the little person I am, I became very scared. My mother came in record time and was there to hold my legs and hold my hand. The doctors and put a little monitor on my son’s head and told me to push. I was scared; scared that it was going to hurt and scared something was going to happen. My son was coming 3 weeks early.

At 12:44pm, only half an hour of pushing, my son had arrived! It was natural, no pain meds, nothing. He was delivered naturally and without any screaming or crying. To me, labour was easy. I slept through 10cms and pushed for only 30 minutes.

And that’s my labour story!

Mikaela<3
May 10th, 2010, 06:40 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what a great story!! congrats! thanks so much for sharing!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 10th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great Birth Story!! I'd have loved to sleep through my labor LOL

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

May 10th, 2010, 12:33 PM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How funny that they didn't check you before sending your mom home! In the US, it seems that they're all to eager to check whenever they feel like it. Sounds like you had a nice hands off hospital.
May 10th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Nickswife2004's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story! Sounds like both of my labors and my sister in laws two labors. Doesn't sound odd at all!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search