C-section mommas!

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2010, 07:19 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Come on out and post! This is not the natural birth board, this is about all births!

How long before birth did you know you were getting a c-section?

Was it planned or emergency?

How soon after birth were you able to see/hold your baby?

How was your pain post-operation?

How was your recovery?

Will you have another c-section for future births or are you hoping for a VBAC?

(This is not anti-c-section...no debates please! I wanted to hear about everyone's births!)

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

May 11th, 2010, 08:04 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long before birth did you know you were getting a c-section? about 7 minutes

Was it planned or emergency? quite emergent 0 crash with general anesthesia

How soon after birth were you able to see/hold your baby? Mike took a pic of me holding Adam in the recovery room, but I don't remember that. The first time I remember seeing him and holding him was about 3 hours later...

How was your pain post-operation? awful

How was your recovery? hard, but no complications

Will you have another c-section for future births or are you hoping for a VBAC? I have had 1 VBAC already and planning second one.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 11th, 2010, 08:18 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
How long before birth did you know you were getting a c-section?
About 10 minutes

Was it planned or emergency?
Emergency

How soon after birth were you able to see/hold your baby?
Almost 2 hours

How was your pain post-operation?
Horrible. I have a hard time understanding why anyone would CHOOSE that kind of pain. But I have it on good authority from BTDT moms that it would not have been so bad if my uterus hadn't been put thru heck first. But I was completely dependent on ibuprofen and percocet for 2 weeks. In that first two weeks if I was late taking my meds, I would start shaking uncontrollably and vomit from the pain.

How was your recovery?
Really really slow and painful. I remember asking my midwife at my 6 week pp visit if I would ever just feel normal again.

Will you have another c-section for future births or are you hoping for a VBAC?
Hoping for a VBAC but would take a c/s any day of the week over an induction and/or augmentation. THAT I will never do again - no matter what the circumstances are.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search