your SO

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2010, 07:56 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did your SO do with the labor?

The actual birth?

Were they helpful or annoying?

How did he handle when the after birth came out? Or did he even notice?

How was he in the first moments of being a parent?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 25th, 2010, 09:59 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did your SO do with the labor? Fine. He slept through 3 hours of my labor with Cassidy and was awake and super helpful with Joel's.

The actual birth? Fine. He kept looking down and telling me how close the baby was, and that was such a huge help. Just a little extra incentive at the last minute. With Joel Pete, I was on my back on the bed for an hour afterwards as they attempted to get the placenta to deliver, and though I held Joel on my chest for 30-40 minutes, I asked them to take him and clean him up after a while...especially since he had pooped on my hand, lol. So DH went over to the warming table with him and was telling me everything that was going on, which was wonderful.

Were they helpful or annoying? Helpful. I don't think Jaysen is capable of being annoying.

With Cassidy, he didn't notice. With Joel, it was a major issue, so we were all super relieved when it finally delivered.

How was he in the first moments of being a parent? Perfect! He doesn't like them "juicy" though. He was much more comfortable with both of them after they were cleaned up I like my babies juicy, but not Jaysen.

Sara's beautiful children: Cassidy (5y) and Joel (3y 4m) and Timothy (almost 8 months)
Yes, I know I need a new picture .

May 25th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How did your SO do with the labor?
he watched tv, took naps, or just stared at me.... he wasn't very hands on...

The actual birth?
he teared up...

Were they helpful or annoying?
not very helpful... i blame that on myself and enrolling us in a birthing class...

I don't think he noticed

How was he in the first moments of being a parent?
Ummmm.... he fell asleep...
May 25th, 2010, 11:21 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
How did your SO do with the labor? He was like totally ignoring me with our first, he was just there with the other 2, I mean he was helping, but he didn't have a hard time dealing or anything.

The actual birth? Good.

Were they helpful or annoying? I needed him in my labors with the boys, and he was there. With Courtney I was at home and he was helpful, he held my leg of course while I pushed for 2.5 hours, so he was helpful, but he annoyed me too,

How did he handle when the after birth came out? Or did he even notice? I don't think he really noticed.

How was he in the first moments of being a parent? Good.

May 26th, 2010, 05:36 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
How did your SO do with the labor? He was a rock. When things were good, he was positive and encouraging. When things were intense, he did everything I needed him to. When things were scary and horrible, he was strong and reassuring. And when I was sobbing with a broken heart about being prepped for a cesarean, he held me and didn't try to make me stop - which would have been the WRONG thing to do.

The actual birth? He was awesome. Never let go of my hand and talked to me the entire time so my panic and fear didn't consume me.

Were they helpful or annoying? Very very helpful. My only suggestion for next time will be that he needs to be a little more in charge and not so accommodating. He kept asking me what I wanted to do for pain relief. Well, when you're in the grips of a 6 min long contrx, you're not capable of making a decision. I wish he or someone had just said "do this. Try this. Move here." Because by then I wasn't capable of deciding for myself.

How did he handle when the after birth came out? Or did he even notice? My placenta was delivered first and behind a surgical screen. He was busy trying to talk me down from hyperventilating.

How was he in the first moments of being a parent? I dont know. I was unconscious. But I'm sure he was wonderful. For the first week or so of our dd's life I couldn't do much for her. He changed every diaper, rocked her to sleep, stimulated her to eat, etc. He did everything except nurse her - to include picking out her clothes and dressing her. He is SuperDad

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
May 26th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Amanda_Marie's Avatar Mommy to Owen
How did your SO do with the labor? he did very well, was very supportive. He didn't talk to me much but he kinda had a mental breakdown because I was in so much pain and went out in the hallway and cried on my SIL's shoulder... breaks my heart

The actual birth? he was amazing

Were they helpful or annoying? very helpful

How did he handle when the after birth came out? Or did he even notice? um, well I don't remember but he said it was pretty gross haha

How was he in the first moments of being a parent? he was so in love and so proud to be a daddy

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my beautiful siggy!
May 29th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did your SO do with the labor? Astonishingly well! He helped me stay focused and stroked my cheek

The actual birth? He did great! He got teary when Miss Ava arrived

Were they helpful or annoying? Very helpful

How did he handle when the after birth came out? Or did he even notice? He was fascinated

How was he in the first moments of being a parent? Like a fish takes to water, he held her and talked to her and loved on her...he couldn't stop just looking at her.

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search