Talking to your provider

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2010, 09:09 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you feel comfortable talking to your OB/MW?

How much time did s/he spend with you?

Was there anything specific you were afraid to bring up because it was embarrassing or you felt "dumb"?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 8th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy

I felt very comfortable with all the MWs I seen throughout this practice... I was very leary of every OB that I came in contact with...

The MWs spent the most time with me and those were the ones that I actually asked the questions too... when I would see the OBs I was in the room with them for at most 10 minutes and then they were gone no where to be seen.

Was there anything specific you were afraid to bring up because it was embarrassing or you felt "dumb"?

I don't have much of an inner monologue to begin with so I am use to saying a lot of things that other people would feel dumb or embarassed about so anything I talked with the OB or MW about I was not shy at all about... My feeling "dumb" came during labor when I realized that my MW was a MEDwife and she ended up leaving me because her shift ended and I got stuck with an OB...
June 9th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes. She was very friendly and never made me feel like my questions or concerns were not important.

I don't remember offhand, but it never felt rushed. That was the doctor that I saw for all but two appointments.

I had one appointment with a different OB that was rushed. I didn't get a chance to ask any questions before she was hurrying out the door. When she came in, she sat right down at the computer and started typing in the notes that the "patient is doing well" before she had even asked me how I was doing! Luckily, I only had to encounter that woman once (my doctor was sick that day and she was covering).

Nope.
June 9th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you feel comfortable talking to your OB/MW? Very comfortable and my OB is very blunt and upfront.. she doesn't sugarcoat anything.. you always know where you're at.. no guesswork.. and I really appreciate that!

How much time did s/he spend with you? For a normal appointment when there aren't any ultrasounds, bloodwork, or exams to be done, maybe 10 mins max. She isn't rushed though.. if I have any concerns at all she takes the time to check them out and talk them over with me.

Was there anything specific you were afraid to bring up because it was embarrassing or you felt "dumb"? I've never been afraid to bring up anything with her.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

June 10th, 2010, 08:37 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I feel comfortable talking to them, never felt they do that much.

June 14th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both my OBs (my oldest three and Ava) are amazing. They are very relaxed and don't push anything, they let me lead. I could talk to them about anything and they would actually sit and talk with me without rushing around. I them

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

June 18th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Amanda_Marie's Avatar Mommy to Owen
Did you feel comfortable talking to your OB/MW? It was a practice of ten, and I felt comfortable with 8 out of the 10

How much time did s/he spend with you? it depended on who I saw. Most of them spent quality time with me

Was there anything specific you were afraid to bring up because it was embarrassing or you felt "dumb"? Everything. I was clueless about anything pregnancy/baby related ...but I really only felt uncomfortable with two of them.

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search