How ready were you?

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2010, 08:40 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
When you went into labor, were you so over pregnancy or did you miss it as soon as the baby was out?

June 10th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I already new I was going to miss it the moment my water broke...

I was not ready to not pregnant anymore, I had a pretty easy pregnancy and was enjoying it...

When my water broke, I started crying souly because I was not ready to have her outside of me, I was enjoying the daily hiccups, and kicks, and movement, and pleasure of being able to take her with me where ever I went...

I was in more shock and disbelief that I was going to be a full fledged mommy and would be holding her some hours later... I guess you could say I wasn;t mentally ready to have her...

When my water broke, I was in denial thinking, "Nope I just peed" I must have taken about an hour before I called the MW... After I called her, I started doing a mega over haul of cleaning on the house, packed the hospital bag, and played around on JM.. I was trying to delay the inevitable... I wasn't ready to have her at 38 weeks, I was hoping to go to 42 week at least... lol
June 10th, 2010, 08:57 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i was totally devestated when i found out i was having an ER induction. Totally not ready to not be pregnant I actually still get pretty sad about it. My midwife says I have do-over disease, because I instantly wanted to be pregnant again

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 11th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I spontaneously delivered 5 weeks early. It was a big shock even though I had struggled with PTL from early on. Even though the medical staff did everything in their power to keep me from delivering that early, I really felt like I missed something by not even getting to experience being 9 months pregnant.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
June 11th, 2010, 05:10 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Even though both of mine came early, I was pretty over it, lol. I love being pregnant, but by the time I reach 36 weeks or so I'm just ready to meet them.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

June 11th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was so far beyond ready for that baby to get out of my body that it wasn't even funny.. all of my pregnancies have been difficult and once this baby makes it's appearance, I am done with pregnancy!

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

June 11th, 2010, 01:01 PM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Even though I had a scheduled induction, I still missed being pregnant once I had delivered. For weeks after delivery, that's all I could think about was being pregnant.

June 12th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
With ds1, my water broke 16 days early and he was born the next day. I was so not ready. I was excited beyond all belief, but I was quite certain he'd be late since I was 3 days late.

With dd, she was born 4 days early...and after having a baby 15 days early it felt like she was late. I ended up putting away EVERYTHING for in a box in the closet because I decided I was going to be pregnant forever. I was very much DONE.

With ds2, he was born at 35w6d. I was definitely not expecting that, and wanted to be pregnant longer.

I think ds1 was born at the perfect time...maybe a little early...mentally for me. Though I don't want 37w6d this time because that would mean just a few days before Christmas. If the baby isn't here by the 17th of December (which would be 37w1d), I want it to wait until 12/31 at 39w1d.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
June 13th, 2010, 08:05 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
I had a scheduled induction and I was NOT ready. I loved being pregnant. My pregnancy was very easy, and I felt soooooo great. I used to dance professionally until an injury forced a very very early retirement. I have tons of scar tissue in my right leg and arthritis and tendonitis in several joints from old healed minor injuries. And on top of that I have always had body image issues. I'm overweight now, but I feel exactly the same way about my body as I did when I had a BMI of 18 and even when I was horribly underweight due to an eating disorder.

Buuuuuuut, when I was pregnant. It was heaven. It was the very first time in my entire adult life that I have ever looked in the mirror and liked what I saw. I was so proud of my belly and my figure! And the relaxin and other hormones that are supposed to loosen up your pelvis, also loosened up all the scar tissue in my body. So I could walk in total comfort without pain for the first time in over a decade. It was amazing. Then you throw in there the kicks and rolls and punches and hiccups, and man I was in heaven. I would have happily stayed pregnant forever if it was an option. Even now I'm waiting for them to discover a way to make a human baby take 2 years to form so I can always be pregnant without having stairstep kids

So no, I wasn't ready. I cried all the way to the hospital.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
June 14th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by New_England_Girl View Post
Even though both of mine came early, I was pretty over it, lol. I love being pregnant, but by the time I reach 36 weeks or so I'm just ready to meet them.
I love being pregnant...up until those last couple weeks However if it's winter pregnancies, bring them on.

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

June 18th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Amanda_Marie's Avatar Mommy to Owen
I think I missed it, even though I was tired of being pregnant and heavy.

I delivered 3 weeks early, which I wasn't expecting and I really wanted to enjoy my last few weeks of pregnancy before the real work began. I also remember after I delivered Owen when the nurse pressed on my belly to deliver all the other "stuff" whatever it was, I remember looking at how felt my belly was and it was kinda bittersweet

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my beautiful siggy!
June 19th, 2010, 10:14 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
In all 4 pregnancies I've been totally ready for baby to come!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search