Early labor signs

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Hello everyone!

My name is christi and I am new here! I just joined today. I am 39 weeks preggo with baby number 5 and I have a question for all of you. This pregnancy is different than any other one of my kids. So I am kind of at a loss. I have been having BH for over a week now and they get strong but never amount to anything. This morning, I woke up with serious what felt like cramping, and been having contractions about 20 min apart all day. The contractions range from really strong and long to moderate and never really go away. But they are not moving closer together either. I have not lost my plug (that I know of, never did with any of kids) and do not have a bloody show. Since I have had 2 children by induction, and 2 children born with no pre labor pains (my water broke and 45 min later they were born) I have no idea what is going on. I am thinking they are just stronger BD's but not totally sure. Walking makes them worse, laying down makes them less severe. I was hoping that those of you who have experiences like this could shed some light. Any help would be much apperciated!
June 13th, 2010, 06:34 PM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my last pregnancy, I had tons of BH. They would frequently become longer than 1 minute and closer than 4 minutes--which is supposed to be "go to the hospital" time. But I just knew that it wasn't really it.

There were two clues to me that it was the real thing when my labor started: (1) bloody show--blood tinged mucus or plug happens when your cervix is dilating and blood vessels in the cervix break. (2) I felt them in my lower back; none of the BH contractions were in my back at all.

Unfortunately, the real deal didn't lead to my contractions being closer together or in any kind of pattern.

I have heard that if activity and resting change the contractions that they aren't the real deal.
June 13th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the information! It helps a lot. I am still having them and they have moved to 15 min apart instead of 20. So we went for a long walk to see what will happen after that.
June 13th, 2010, 10:29 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
early labor can happen for days just remember it's never not productive! every little bit helps good luck!!!!

if you have a breastpump you can do 15 min on, 15 min off for an hour and see what happens

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
June 14th, 2010, 06:58 AM
I keep trying to remember that, but its becoming so fustrating since I do not remember anything like this with any of my other kids.

I did read yesterday something called Prodromal Labor! Basically what I read its the stage before active labor that happens to women who have multiple children. It can act like active labor and contractions are more painful than BH's. I had never heard of it before yesterday. Anyone every hear of it or experience it?
June 14th, 2010, 09:24 AM
prodromal labor is very normal it can last for weeks, but since you're already 39+ i doubt it will sex (specifically orgasms) and a breastpump might throw you into full blown labor!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
June 14th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Had sex last night and thought that's what was happening when they got down to 6 min apart and were very intense. But by 3 am, they had dulled and I was able to sleep. I had never heard of the prodormal labor before yesterday. Just always thought if you were having Contractions you were having either real labor or false labor. Its good to know that I was not going crazy. The contractions have been going on for a week now pretty regularly, just do not progress, so I am guessing that it could be any day, just do not know when. I just need to relax and let my body do the work, but that is really hard for me right now!
June 14th, 2010, 10:35 AM
It's okay you're anxious to meet that precious miracle! Everything is doing SOMETHING - the contractions might not be making you dilate, but they are helping get baby in position, etc. if you have a...martial aid as someone very wise once calls it, get that out and just orgasm, orgasm, orgasm! The orgasm gets the uterus contracting and before you know it, BAYUM! lol

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
June 14th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Like you said everything is doing something, just not as fast as I would like. LOL! Patience is not one of my best virtues.
June 14th, 2010, 10:51 AM
its hard to be patient when there is a 7lb human in your uterus

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
June 14th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Very true! Plus the weather is not cooperating very well. I live in California and its hot and humid and making things worse.
June 17th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Blyndfayth's Avatar Member
How'd the doctors go today??????

Tags
39 weeks pregnant , labor , need help and information

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search