34 weeks- Painful diarrhea type cramping for 3 days now, NEED help :(

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2010, 10:57 AM
Regular
I haven't posted in awhile due to an annoying computer ;/ hard to get online, but I am in desperate need of help/advice and hope someone knows something. I am 34 weeks pregnant, and for the past three days now, I have been having horrible bouts of cramping that feels like diarrhea cramps. As well as baby feeling very low at all times now and cramping in cervix as if she is pushing into it alot. I actually will go to the bathroom once just fine, but several other times throughout the day I will feel the urge and run to the bathroom and just sit there and have this cramping feeling like I am dying. I don't need to go to the bathroom though..I just sit there and feel like I am pushing and straining from cramping and pressure. On day two of this happening, which happened to be Father's Day, It occured to me that *maybe* this was LABOR?! I freaked out wondering if I should go get checked at the hosptial or not cause this was not making since. I know two days before I had my first daughter, I actually had diarrhea alot like some women do because of the body preparing for labor. So this though occured to me that maybe that is what is happening, OR the diarrhea cramps were actually labor pains. I have not been eating differently at all, or taking anything to cause me to be having diarrhea pains either.
Anyway I went to hospital, they monitored me for contractions for an hour..and I was having some, but they said just seemed to be braxton hicks, and I was only 1cm. They basically didn't think anythign was wrong and told me to just rest more and stay off my feet. They checked me for bladder/UTI and I was fine, so they basically said I was fine as far as they could see. But I am still doing this!

Has anyone else went through this where they might be able to tell me what's going on? Should I expect that labor is near? I sure hope I can make it a few more weeks i can't accept that this is normal when I know it's not for me. I am walking around feeling like any second my water is gonna break or I am going to go into labor
June 22nd, 2010, 03:30 PM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At 34 weeks I'm surprised you're already 1 cm and no one's concerned...I had PTL with my second and was 2-3 cm at 34 weeks, and I had been having mild contractions like yours. I would definitely be aware of your contractions, and if you're worried at all go in to be checked. It does seem like labor to me.

Keep us posted...I hope that little peanut stays cooking a few more weeks

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

June 22nd, 2010, 07:07 PM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you're in that much pain, and are concerned, I'd put a call into your doctor/midwife and see what they have to say. They might want to see you.

June 22nd, 2010, 07:59 PM
Regular
I was seen sunday, as I said, at hospital. They werent too concerned. My ob dr also stopped by and told me to just rest more. I am just concerned because this diarrhea cramping and bathroom business isn't normal for me and this is JUST what I did a few days before my water broke and I went into labor with my first baby.
June 23rd, 2010, 05:08 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindropsparkle View Post
I am just concerned because this diarrhea cramping and bathroom business isn't normal for me and this is JUST what I did a few days before my water broke and I went into labor with my first baby.
^^^ That's why I was concerned. You know your body better than the doctor does, and I think most of us experienced that before labor began as well. If your doctor isn't worried, I guess all you can really do is keep close watch on how you're feeling and what your body is telling you. Good luck, hun!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

June 23rd, 2010, 09:43 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
It is often true that 2nd time mommies are 1cm for like the whole third trimester, so that's probably why they aren't concerned by that. If they aren't concerned, I would try not to be, but I would for sure talk to your doc about the pains all that anyway.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search