Advice?

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2010, 09:36 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did anyone give you any advice about labor/delivery when you were pregnant?

How did it make you feel about the unavoidable experience (Calm, nervous, etc?)

Was there any really, really awful advice you were given? What about great advice?

If you could give a first time mom 2 pieces of advice in regards to L&D, what would they be?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
July 18th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Everything I needed to know about pregnancy and childbirth I got from reading books. When the big day came, I was calm outside but very nervous inside. Once in the delivery room, everything I learned about breathing and meditating, and pushing just went down the drain. I couldn't care anymore. =)

The best advice I can give to moms-to-be: Walk, walk, walk. It eases labor and delivery. When I was pregnant, I didn't walk much and I never had the "big drop" so I really had a hard time pushing.

Last edited by Believe_it; September 1st, 2010 at 06:05 PM.
July 24th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Did anyone give you any advice about labor/delivery when you were pregnant?
Actually I got very little advice about labor/delivery when I was pg.

How did it make you feel about the unavoidable experience (Calm, nervous, etc?)
I was kind of indifferent, I had a very wait and see attitude about it. Like I said, I did not get a lot of advice and even though I took a childbirth class, I knew things would be a little different since I was being induced.

Was there any really, really awful advice you were given? What about great advice?
The best advice that I was given was to relax. I did not really get any bad advice.

If you could give a first time mom 2 pieces of advice in regards to L&D, what would they be?
1. An epidural does not have to wear off. If you are uncomfortable and don't want to be, tell some one!
2. Know that certain things are in your control and certain things are not.

August 18th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
With #1 I mostly got "why on earth would you want a natural birth, just ask for the epi when you get there!" from pretty much everyone, my mother, mil, sfil, people at work, etc. I didn't really get advice with #2 or #3.

Two things I'd tell new moms, do your research, and read some GOOD pregnancy books. No matter what decisions you make prior to labor, during labor, and after, make them with an educated mind.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search