Vbac?

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2010, 08:50 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For those of you who have had a c-section, how do you feel about VBAC?

Is it something you would consider?

Is your doctor/midwife supportive?

Would you try for an hbac? (Homebirth after c-section)

How does your SO feel about V/HBAC?

Does your provider have a certain amount of time you must meet between pregnancies for them to allow you to try for a vbac? (For instance, my cousin's OB says there must be 18m minimum between deliveries for him to allow his patients to attempt a VBAC)

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
August 22nd, 2010, 08:08 PM
Veteran
For those of you who have had a c-section, how do you feel about VBAC? Very determined to have one

Is it something you would consider? Yep

Is your doctor/midwife supportive? Yep

Would you try for an hbac? (Homebirth after c-section) We are planning a hbac for this baby, im due in days

How does your SO feel about V/HBAC? very supportive

Does your provider have a certain amount of time you must meet between pregnancies for them to allow you to try for a vbac? 18 months

Custom knitting
September 5th, 2010, 03:46 PM
MamaMandy's Avatar is it Spring yet??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
For those of you who have had a c-section, how do you feel about VBAC?

Is it something you would consider? It took me a while to decide, but yes, I'm going for it.

Is your doctor/midwife supportive? My 1st OB was supportive but not w/a hospital that allows them, so I now see an OB an hour away - the closest option.

Would you try for an hbac? (Homebirth after c-section) Not w/my health issues

How does your SO feel about V/HBAC? Don't have one, but my family thinks I am insane & stupid.

Does your provider have a certain amount of time you must meet between pregnancies for them to allow you to try for a vbac?
Not sure, but they do have time limits on how long labor can last before intervening. Which I think stinks! Fetal distress, sure, absolutely, but arbitrary time limits? How can say how long labor should take?

Children are not little adults, but they ARE people too!

There's a reason they are called dependents...

AP is not alternative to those who see no other choice

http://helpguide.org/mental/parentin...t_disorder.htm

September 21st, 2010, 03:06 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lissy - did you get your hbac? Would LOVE to hear all about it!!

Mandy, I'm sorry your family isn't being supportive Please come here anytime you need support! it's a quiet board, but a fantastic one full of very intelligent, insightful women!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
September 26th, 2010, 06:02 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
For those of you who have had a c-section, how do you feel about VBAC? I think TOLAC (trial of labor after cesarean) should be the standard protocol for all routine, otherwise low risk pregnancies. I don't think cesareans should be scheduled unless there's a reason for the OB to think a rupture is extremely likely or the mother has a health issue that requires a c/s (like a history of previous ruptures or epilepsy or something)

Is it something you would consider? While they were prepping me for my ER c/s, I was asking about VBAC. It's been our plan all along.

Is your doctor/midwife supportive? VERY - I was cleared for a TOLAC at my 6 wk pp visit

Would you try for an hbac? (Homebirth after c-section) I definitely would - I even found a midwife here who does them. But my DH said no way in hades. So I think my plan is to deliver baby #2 in the hospital and then see about going to HBAC with #3+

How does your SO feel about V/HBAC? Scared. Our labor was such a traumatic, horrific experience that labor in general scares him. His fears have nothing to do with rupture. They're all about "oh GOD, what if it's like that again?!" I think if he could participate in a normal birth, he would be much more supportive of VBAC and HBAC. When I first got pregnant he was very anti-midwife. Then he saw on our hospital tour the difference between how the midwives approach birth and how the hospital approaches birth, and he quickly changed his mind. So I think if he saw a very hands-off, normal violence-free birth and realized the hospital setting wasn't necessary, he would probably come along. He's no dummy

Does your provider have a certain amount of time you must meet between pregnancies for them to allow you to try for a vbac? (For instance, my cousin's OB says there must be 18m minimum between deliveries for him to allow his patients to attempt a VBAC) They didn't mention one. I've always read at least 1 year between c/s - but that means you could get pregnant at 8 weeks pp, so I'm betting they don't consider that worth mentioning.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search