Cervix dilating & belly shaking/tightening ?'s

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2010, 05:15 PM
MamaMandy's Avatar is it Spring yet??
Maybe I just don't remember from my first, or maybe it's how this baby is positioned, but there's a lot of things that make me go hmmm... lately! Plus, with Liana I knew I was having a c/s and didn't pay much attention to the natural labor signs. Sure wishing I had, because I just have this gut feeling (no pun intended!) that lil Emily is going to catch me way offguard!

Anyway, I'm hoping someone can clue me in here! From time to time lately, usually when I've been pretty active, my belly will get rock hard & tight for a while. Baby is transverse & I think more towards the top, and it feels like my belly is going to pop! But I always thought with BH, it would tighten-loosen-tighten, not stay tight and hard for 1/2 hour to a couple hours? Then there have been a handful of times lately, usually when I am lying down, that baby will just SHAKE, like convulsions almost, for a few seconds, then back to regular moving. It's a bit unsettling, and on my list for the next OB visit. Has your baby ever done this? Liana didn't. Kick box, yes! Makes me wonder if she is trying to get head down & ready to be born, but can't. ???? Next and last question...can you actually FEEL your cervix thining and/or dialating? I feel pressure, and an almost burning, tingling type of sensation. Strange!

I really appreciate any responses! THANK YOU!

Children are not little adults, but they ARE people too!

There's a reason they are called dependents...

AP is not alternative to those who see no other choice

http://helpguide.org/mental/parentin...t_disorder.htm

September 30th, 2010, 11:56 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
BH contractions are usually quick little on again off again things - but not for everyone. I know mine lasted a good half hour. Talk about uncomfortable! My midwife said as long as they didn't start in your back and then move around to the top of the belly and then down - they were still just practice. Real contrx start in the back, swing around to the top of the belly, then move down towards the cervix. At least for most people. Are you sure the baby is still transverse? Pressure on your cervix is usually caused by the head or the butt. Unfortunately it CAN go along with dilation but doesn't have to. The convulsions sound like practice breaths - good sign of a fully developed baby!

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
October 4th, 2010, 06:48 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I fully agree with everything Danielle said! I never even had a BH contraction with Brylie (until labor when I had real contractions obviously) so I know nothing on that, but it sounds like Emily is getting ready to take on the world!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search