doula?

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2010, 08:15 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
did you have a doula?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 29th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Regular
My husband was present at three of the births, but the other two I did on my own...I didn't feel having anyone else there to be necessary. However, my labor (since my first delivery) usually only lasts a couple of hours, so I can see how other moms who have longer labors would need assistance.
October 29th, 2010, 07:04 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I had a doula, and she was VERY helpful in the active phase of labor. I believe that without her, i would have ended up with an epidural.

October 29th, 2010, 08:09 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i didnt have a doula with brylie and wish that I did. 20 hours of pitocin did a number on my poor husband..but he did great! he stayed by my side and helped me get the birth i wanted...but the next day in post partum he said, "Find a doula next time! I love you but I'm pretty sure you were trying to kill me"

so we have a doula this time and I'm super excited!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 31st, 2010, 11:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have a doula with any of my births, but my husband was there for all of them. I don't think I'd deal very well with someone who wasn't my husband trying to talk to me or touch me while I was in that much pain... I couldn't even handle my mom rubbing my back (she's a massage therapist) or her trying to help me breathe through the contractions.

Many Many Thanks to GraysMama (Chelsea) for my AMAZING Siggy!!!

November 7th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did not. I did not even know what one was until my cousin became one! I think that they provide an amazing service though. If I were going to have a natural birth I would have one.

November 7th, 2010, 09:45 PM
MOI's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No and I honestly probably would not want one either. It wouldn't be a good fit for me, DH was all I ever wanted. My mom and MIL was there for baby #1 for very last part of delivery and other births it's just been me and DH for entire labour and delivery. (well one nurse and my Dr at the very end although he barely made it this last time)

November 9th, 2010, 06:50 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No. Just DH, the midwife, and me. Next time, since my labors have been pretty easy and uneventful, I'm thinking of having the moms in with me if they want, but I haven't really decided yet.

I've never really felt like I needed more support during labor...the midwife stays with me from 6cm on, and DH is there from the first contraction. Labor has always been...I dunno, easy for me. I went into it knowing it was going to hurt, and just dealt with it one contraction at a time.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

November 9th, 2010, 11:35 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I did not with my first. I thought about getting one for this baby, but decided against it... I emailed a couple and didn't really get a good impression from them. Plus, it's a lot of money.

I did switch to a midwife this time though, and from what I understand she spends a lot more time with you than an OB. That doesn't really matter though. It's the nurses that make or break your stay......so hopefully I get some good nurses again this time.

November 11th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Lonomia's Avatar Super Hot Mommy
Nope x 2.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search