Wwyd - Update, please help!

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2011, 09:16 PM
HeavensMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm new to this board but have a question. I've been having contractions about 10 minutes apart for 15 hours today. They did go to only a few a hour for about 3 hours. DH and I went and had dinner and walked around for about 45 minutes and they got up to about 7 minutes apart. We came home so I could use the bathroom and they are now about 15 minutes apart. We're going to do more walking in the neighborhood in a few minutes. My question is, at what point do I go to the hospital? They seem to be the closest when walking but die down some when I'm hanging out at home. This is baby #5 for me but will only be the 2nd time I've went into labor on my own (if I even am). Also I'm group b+ so I'm not sure if I should go in sooner for that. TIA for any help!

From now until 2/29, donating HALF of all proceeds to Olly
Free giftcards?!? Swagbucks

Last edited by HeavensMom; March 14th, 2011 at 09:02 AM.
March 13th, 2011, 07:37 PM
amberjolie's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi!

Are you able to call your doc or midwife, or L&D, and see what they say?

For the antibiotics for group b, you need to be getting them for 4 hours before the baby is born for them to work. But since you've been having your contractions 10 minutes apart for 15 hours already, it's hard to tell how much time you have. I went to the hospital when mine were about 5 min apart, but I only had 5 hours in the hospital with my first, 1 1/2 h with my second, and 2 1/2 h with my third at that point. So that might be pushing it, depending on how quick you would go.

Sorry I don't have too much more info for you.

Good luck!

March 14th, 2011, 07:23 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You sound like you're in the very early stages of labor. You should go in when your contrations are around 5 minutes apart for over an hour and it stays consistent. If you go in too soon then they'll do things to make your labor faster, which isn't fun at all.
March 14th, 2011, 09:02 AM
HeavensMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All day contractions on Friday. Nothing on Saturday. Woke up Sunday morning at 4am to contractions 8 minutes apart. I stayed at home until around 2pm when they were between 5 and 6 minutes apart. I got to the hospital and they were showing up on the monitor but I was only dilated to 3 and 50% effaced. They had me walk for 2 hours and I stayed a 3 and went to 75% and then they sent me home. I had a few contractions on and off through the night and a few this morning. What in the world is wrong with me? How will I know when to go in? With my only other birth that I went into labor on my own I got to the hospital and 10 minutes later had her. I don't want that again. The contractions I had yesterday were much stronger than with that labor. Am I still in early labor?

From now until 2/29, donating HALF of all proceeds to Olly
Free giftcards?!? Swagbucks
March 14th, 2011, 04:23 PM
amberjolie's Avatar Super Mommy
All I know is that I've read that early labour can last a very long time, even a few days, so that's probably where you're at.

Sorry it's so frustrating for you!

March 20th, 2011, 07:49 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Youre probably still in early labor - I would guess baby isn't in a great position and is just working on getting into one walk, bounce on a birth ball, do lunges, etc. to see if that helps! good luck!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
March 20th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like early labor, this time around mine lasted 6days off on and off contractions it drove me nuts you can try takeing some more walk's that will help, the night i had my baby i walked alot all day and then took a nice warm bath.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search