Babies getting to large

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HappyHippy
  • 1 Post By Urchin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2011, 12:50 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Many women give birth to 10+ babies just fine. Weighing babies in utero is not an exact. Many times when a Doctor says a baby is 10 lbs it's really only 7 or 8 lbs. I wouldn't worry. There is no need to make baby come out before he/she is ready.
hollywoodma likes this.
May 19th, 2011, 09:57 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
There are lots of wives tales. But really unless baby is ready none of them are going to work in my experience.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

February 10th, 2012, 12:05 PM
liza17's Avatar Regular
castor oil, motherwort,fenugreek,raspberry leaf tea..These are the things I will be using because my baby is also big.

February 14th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
1. Often times, an ultrasound can be a couple of lbs off in terms of weight. It's just an estimate, and should not be used as a defininte guage of size.

2. Just because a baby is large, does not mean it is ready to be born. Size does not indicate maturity. The baby's lungs, especially, may not me ready to breathe in the outside world.

3. Just because there are "natural" induction methods, does not mean they are safe. She could potentially harm herself or her child.
StephL likes this.

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

February 14th, 2012, 08:41 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Ultrasound can be way off...so I'd not trust it, honestly. And what's wrong with a bigger baby? They're just extra squishy cuz they've got more fat.....squishy doesn't hurt...it's their darn big noggins that do.

March 4th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Regular
I wouldn't trust the ultrasound. I had one at 35 weeks and my daughter was estimated to already weigh 6.5lbs and the doctor estimated that by the time my due date came, she would be close to 9 or 10 pounds. He was extremely concerned as to whether or not she would even be able to be delivered vaginally and had also discussed inducing.
She ended up being born at 6lbs 12oz.
Let the pregnancy finish its course, your sister should want a full developed baby, there will be less possibility of complications. Plenty of women have very large babies with absolutely no problems, its been happening for thousands of years

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search