Cant decide on birth partners!

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello! Im currently almost 22weeks pregs. My first DD came at 35 weeks so... its possible I dont have the full time left. I got pregnant unplanned and after my marriage broke down (not with my DD's dad) so am a single pregnant mom. Last time it was easy. I only wanted/needed my husband with me. There was no deciding or decision to be made. Some others expressed interest but I didnt want anyone else.
This time round I dont have a partner and I feel so alone. My mum has volunteered but I am not close to my mum at all and she's very annoying, negative and stressy. I dont want her anywhere near! My sister is great but lives further away and has been battling cancer and has black outs and her own problems. A friend has volunteered but she has three kids (and is single mom) so I cant see her being able to drop everything and come. Plus I just dont FEEL like I wanted any of the above people with me during my vulnerable time.
My best friend - I want him there. But hes a gay guy that I have feelings for and he was very nearly the father of this baby as we fooled around for a couple of months. He backed off when he felt I was getting to attached emotionally So although I feel he is the only one I want with me I dont think he will actually do it or if its a good idea even. Sometimes it upsets me more for him to be around reminding me that I like him but he cant be mine yet he is like a father to my DD and in our lives so strongly.
So.. perhaps stubbonly... I feel like if I cant have him I dont want nobody with me. I do want my daughter with me though (she will be 5 by the due date). But the midwives say she isnt allowed to be in the delivery room at the hospital. So Im thinking of a home birth but I am still supposed to have an adult to be with her which leads me back to the question of who I want to be around during my most vulnerable but special time. I feel so alone.. but I know its me being stubbon not wanting the help thats offered. I want what cant be. A loving partner to support me...

Seperated June 2010 from my husband. One daughter DOB 26/07/2006. BFP 06/01/2011, due september but 'high risk' for premature birth.

Hi. Im Jolene. 31 years old. I suffered three years of a short luteal phase and didnt think I could get pregnant again without medical assistance but fell pregnant by accident and naturally. I am really happy and excited to be having a baby although knowing Im going it alone this time is a bit daunting and scary!
May 10th, 2011, 12:18 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can hire a Doula, they are great labor partners. Not only will you not be alone, but you'll have someone to help you change positions and manage pain.

A Doula does both hospital and home births.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search