I am confused, help?

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Well I've been having a fun time in these last couple of weeks of this pregnancy. I am only 36 weeks, and this started when I was 35. They had stopped my labor twice due to no NICU here. I've been having constant contractions. They never get close enough now to actually start active labor since they stopped it. And then a couple days ago I lost my mucus plug, and the doctor said that's okay.
But just last night, I ended up gushing a decent amount of amniotic fluid. I had went down the to the hospital to confirm it was my water. They found barely any trace of amniotic fluid in my cervix, and the doctor said it was too negative for him, so he sent me home. But I made then test my underwear because I generally don't leak fluid and not able to stop them. So when they had tested my underwear the strip went dark blue as soon as she touched them. So it was indeed amniotic fluid that I leaked. But the doctor isn't convinced that it was all my water so they sent me home.
Is it in any way possible for your water to only half break? I've never had this happen, and I've never heard of it happening. But my OBGYN had told me when he gave me an ultrasound about 3 days ago, that the water around the baby is really low. So could it have been been my full water?
December 12th, 2011, 01:43 PM
MissMeliss0522's Avatar Super Mommy
If I were you I would call the ED talk to the OB on call and express your concern over your amniotic fluid. Explain what you were told about the fluid being low, followed by your gush and see what they have to tell you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search