Could i be showing signs of early labor? Or that labor is coming soon?

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I am 35 weeks and 1 day. I went to the hospital a week ago today (34 weeks and 1 day) because i was having some contractions and bad back aches. They gave me TWO shots to stop the contractions before letting me go home. They told me that "I was 1cm dilated, soft but still thick, and she could feel the baby's head and when she touched it she fluttered away.'
Since then i have had swollen feet, and slightly swollen hands. (blood pressures good)
I also have had A LOT of gas, and some loose stools (but not diarrhea) past few days.
I have contractions (that aren't painful, but are a little uncomfortable) probably BH ALL the time, and some that hurt but aren't unbearable. But none of these are regular.
And i have had a constant nagging back ache!! It is bearable, so i can go on about the day. But it never goes away.. Its the worst..
Also, i have a pinching feeling going on..Down there.. At times. And have been having some menstrual cramps/ cramps that maybe feel similar to poop pains..
Sometimes its uncomfortable to sit in an up position, and sometimes it hurts to pee..
They checked me for all sorts of UTI infections and such, and it all came back clean..
And its difficult to eat because when i do i feel a little nauseous.
My discharged has increased some but not A lot, but no bloody show.. And i still feel her moving like normal.
Ive been walking and exercise, and etc.
If there is more i cant seem to think of it.. I know that every woman is different, but i was wondering if maybe i was in early labor. And if there was a chance that i could have her soon..
(This is my 2nd baby, i had my first 37 weeks 6 days.)
July 21st, 2012, 11:15 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
A lot of what you have are early labour symptoms, but can also be symptoms of other things too.

I'm having most of these symptoms too, since Monday, and am 37+2. I'm hoping there's still a good week or so in me yet. If it is early labour for either of us, it could last a few weeks, so don't panic.

My first baby was overdue, my water broke at 41+5, so while I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you gestation-wise, we're at a similar stage in terms of when it all kicked off with our first labours. Please KUP on any developments, I'd be interested to hear.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search