? for my sister in law

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Regular
Ok quickly I'll explain what's going on! She's been dilated to a 4 almost 5 for close to a month now. She went to L & D yesterday cause of contractions and she thought her water was leaking. Its not leaking and she's not dilating anymore. The bag of water is right there between baby's head and opening. She's wondering how to get things moving without being induced. She goes friday to be induced. She's tried sex, walking, hot bath, pineapple, mango, and peaches. Anyone else have any ideas?
October 1st, 2012, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
5 is active labor, but by the looks of it that bag of water need's to go sex will help with that, or walking. You would figure the doctors would help her with that, if its right there.

October 2nd, 2012, 05:53 AM
Regular
She wishes they would but they said no! But they are inducing her Friday, so hopefully it'll be a quick week for her
October 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Veteran
Evening primrose oil, acupuncture, accupressure, sex, walking, red raspberry leaf tea

All of these are good... but baby will come when baby is ready. Those extra days may be the difference in LO having respitory issues or not.

Here is an intersting link:

Inducing Labor - 40+ Natural Ways To Induce Labor On Your Own

I would have her check with her Dr. before starting any of it though!! And from my understanding - caster oil is not really a great or comfortable way to induce labor. I would take all these suggestions with a grain of salt and do some research!
due with #4 in November, still nursing #3!

I love to blog, although I don't have much time for it recently... I will be back at it as soon as I can!

http://www.whereloveandfamilymeet.wordpress.com
http://www.wherelovemeetslife.wordpress.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search