Labour Fears

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kelz88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 09:39 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Why not share your fears about labour? Maybe some BTDT mamas here can give some support and advice to help.

November 1st, 2012, 01:16 PM
Super Mommy
My biggest fear is not getting an epidural if I want one.

When I had my twin boys I had an emergency c-section. I was awake and I must say that is a VERY odd sensation.

With my daughter (VBAC) I was going to get an epidural but a lady took the anestesiologist (sp) for a emergency c-section. (karma I know ) and I had to give birth with 0 pain medication. I am all for mamas who want to give birth naturally, however, I have no pain tolerance and am terrified I will go through that again.

My fear has gotten to the point where I considered asking for another c-section just to know i wont have to go through that "trauma" again. Most likely this wont happen though because I had a successful VBAC.
Earthy.Mama likes this.
November 3rd, 2012, 09:27 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
My only fear about birth is pushing. That's it. LOL!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 5th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Veteran
my fear about child birth is having a CS. I dont like emergency CSs
November 6th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelz88 View Post
My biggest fear is not getting an epidural if I want one.

When I had my twin boys I had an emergency c-section. I was awake and I must say that is a VERY odd sensation.

With my daughter (VBAC) I was going to get an epidural but a lady took the anestesiologist (sp) for a emergency c-section. (karma I know ) and I had to give birth with 0 pain medication. I am all for mamas who want to give birth naturally, however, I have no pain tolerance and am terrified I will go through that again.

My fear has gotten to the point where I considered asking for another c-section just to know i wont have to go through that "trauma" again. Most likely this wont happen though because I had a successful VBAC.
When you went in, did you tell them then that you wanted an epidural when you got to ___ cm? I told my midwife when I got to 7, I wanted to go ahead and get one so when I felt like I was at a 6 and going in to transition, I said I wanted it and got it when I was 7 1/2 about 45 minutes later.

Be loud and firm about it if you have to... not yelling at everyone, but just don't let them forget about you.

My Boring Blog
November 6th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Super Mommy
Told them once i went in. They kept telling me soon, but soon never came :/ We only have one (epidural man) for LDR from what I understand though.
December 2nd, 2012, 09:22 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The anestesiologist checked on me since I was induced, and 3cm or something. The Pitocin really made my contractions unbearable, so he got the supplies and I had my epidural in less than 10 minutes of saying I wanted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
My only fear about birth is pushing. That's it. LOL!
I thought I knew how to push, but I was not using the correct muscles! I was using my low tummy and lower muscles, and they wanted me to bear down like a BM. Finally after a few times of them saying, "Like you are pooping!" ha ha, I decided Well, I will show them like I am pooping! and so I did. And yeah, I did that too, lol. But it pushed Elliott right on down and out! I didn't REALLY feel like I was truly pushing until I was pushing his shoulders out though. Then it was like my body said, "Oh, you mean like THIS" and he was out.

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

July 27th, 2013, 04:11 AM
I have no idea
July 28th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Veteran
Im a little afraid of having a really bad tear. My last delivery left only minor tears, but she was small, only 7 lbs. The other two were born when episiotomies were standard, which was worse though.
October 29th, 2013, 07:47 AM
I'm afraid of just about everything. Im 22 years old and I've never gone through this before. I'm afraid of the pain, tearing, a c-section, recovery time that I can't afford to take off, im afraid that something is going to go wrong with my baby and I. I'm absolutely terrified of everything except being a mom.
December 15th, 2013, 02:46 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
...can I say everything? I think it's really stemming from the unknown. And I hope once we do the childbirth class I'll be a little more at ease.
I'm afraid of hard labor kicking in randomly, how long labor is going to last, the pain, the unknown of possible issues like a C-section or needing the clamps or vacuum...
Not too worried about tearing, which is odd, but I am worried about someone trying to push cutting me.
I think I just don't really know what to expect, and that's what is causing all the fear.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search