wrong gender!!

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to YoungMommy18
So i was due july 21st but i ended up having a c-section july 7th! but i had a baby shower bout a month before! I was going to have a girl..so the doctors said ..and the sonagram lady.. I decided to name the "girl" emma rose . well i was in the cape july 6th and kind of felt sick ..so i decided to just see how i was in the morning! by morning time i was eeeh..not so well my b\f was like okay well bring you home and we can go to hospital! so i get to the hospital and they were like ..whats wrong with you and i just said i felt like i was having contractions...of course the lady was like well u dont look like you are..i dunno how im suppose to look..lol! But they were setting me up for a sonagram when my baby's heart beat dropped and they decided to give me an emergency c-section..should have seen my signature on the papers..I was sooo scared and shaky ..but i was gonna do anything to have my baby be okay. I was all excited bout this baby girl that i was going to have..i was thinking bout doing her hair and everything......the doctor goes " shes has alot of hair"....and "its a boy" ...what! ..i had A baby boy??? well i didnt say that cuz i was on alot of morphine ..but when i was off the drugs i was like that..of course my b\f is sitting next to me in the surgery room going "Yes yes yes" ...But i love my baby boy so much ..more and more every day!
Returning all the girl clothes is a diff. story blah..

Has this happened to any one else...where they tell u the wrong gender????

MAYA
August 12th, 2006, 08:47 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH WOW!

Congratulations on your baby, glad to hear hes happy & healthy & so is mamma! BUT, I havent known anyone personally that got a different gender. WHAT a surprise!

Did you have more than 1 U/S?

Im expecting a girl, and I can only IMAGINE the shock if I found out it was a boy on delivery day! lol.

Good luck!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 12th, 2006, 11:35 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It didn't happen to me but I was paranoid about it the whole time. I seriously lost sleep over it, worried that she would come out a he and I've have nothing for him!

It's happened to a friend of ours that lives in our city, so they were on my mind. They were also told girl and it was a boy.
August 12th, 2006, 12:12 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! Oh what a story you will have to tell to your son on his birthday every year. That is just so neat. Congrat's mama and please stay around and post with us here. Your baby is so little and cute.

August 13th, 2006, 01:26 AM
dreamspirals's Avatar Veteran
I had to pop in here. I had three ultrasounds with my son. In one they couldn't tell and in the other two they said it was a girl. A few months and two pushes later out popped my son Paul. When they first said it was a boy I think my exact words were "Oh shut up" because I thought they were just messing with me.
August 14th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to puboochu99
Quote:
I had to pop in here. I had three ultrasounds with my son. In one they couldn't tell and in the other two they said it was a girl. A few months and two pushes later out popped my son Paul. When they first said it was a boy I think my exact words were "Oh shut up" because I thought they were just messing with me.[/b]
That scares me!! I have had quite a few ultrasounds, and have been told 3x girl (all the times I asked). I will cry if it's a boy, not because it's a boy, but because everything I have is girly! And I washed all the clothes, and toys, and blankets already...no way I could return it all!
August 14th, 2006, 02:12 PM
dreamspirals's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
I had to pop in here. I had three ultrasounds with my son. In one they couldn't tell and in the other two they said it was a girl. A few months and two pushes later out popped my son Paul. When they first said it was a boy I think my exact words were "Oh shut up" because I thought they were just messing with me.[/b]
That scares me!! I have had quite a few ultrasounds, and have been told 3x girl (all the times I asked). I will cry if it's a boy, not because it's a boy, but because everything I have is girly! And I washed all the clothes, and toys, and blankets already...no way I could return it all!
[/b]

If the experience has taught me anything it's that your son won't end up in therapy if he has to go home from the hospital in pink. Oh, and bring something yellow or green just in case.
September 16th, 2006, 02:19 PM
seanzbabygirl's Avatar Regular
My sister just had a baby in June. Every ultrasound showed boy and 9 months later, out popped a girl!!!

September 16th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to chelly Send a message via Yahoo to chelly
I have read a lot that when it looks like a girl it could actually be a boy. Usually when they say boy its a boy though...
September 17th, 2006, 09:53 AM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank god my ultrasound was so clear, she didn't even have to tell me, I said, OH! That's a....she was like yup~! THat's a scrotum and penis.!

See, no doubt!!!

if you're wondering, that's a view of his rump, the two legs make an upside down V and the middle, is well.....
September 17th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Super Mommy
It has not happened to me but I have heard of it happening. It is usually that they are wrong when they say it is a girl (if they are going to be wrong). I was told at my last level 2 that they thought I was having another girl. She said she did not see nay boy parts. The baby was breech with it's legs squeezed shut. She did not see any girl parts either. So we are buying greens & yellows mainly.
September 17th, 2006, 05:38 PM
kahlan's Avatar Super Mommy
Gee, I'm worried now!!!! I have three boys, and was told it was a girl on the u/s...we have gone mad buying heaps of pink, picked a name and my dh is totally over the moon he is going to have a daughter. To say we would be shocked and a little dissapointed if it were another boy would be an understatement! I hope 'she' is still a 'SHE'!

Gina.

Check out my kids webpage: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/malikgrey
Me (Gina) - 32
DH - 33
Ds#1 - Aidan Dimian - 9
Ds#2 - Malik Peter - 4 1/2
Ds#3 - Ronan Jason - 3
Dd#1 - Danika Lexi - 20 months
September 18th, 2006, 01:17 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
My sister was supposed to be a boy. They had her name, had saved all the boy clothes from my brother, and everyone was very ready to meet the new little boy.

They were shocked. And I remember driving around with my dad trying to come up with names the day she was born. Hehe.

I know of a few women who have had this happen and I think that all but one were told "boy" before having little girls!

DH and I just didn't find out. Hehe. All unisex outfits for us!

September 18th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Yea, my hubby and I don't find out either. I like it better that way.

September 18th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Bumblebee's Avatar Veteran
Four of my friends just had babies in the last few months. They were all told boy, and one of them had a girl.
September 18th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had it happen twice on a very small message board (maybe 30+ women) twice in a couple of months. One case of each. One woman had a girl & was told she was having her 2nd girl, but it was a boy. The other woman already had a boy & was told that she was having a 2nd, but out popped a little girl!

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
September 20th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Julz81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Julz81 Send a message via Yahoo to Julz81
Congrats on your baby boy!!! It has not happened to me, but i never really worried about it. I am glad everything turned out great for you.

BFP: 04/03/2014 EDD: 12/15/2014 HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

October 17th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The exact same thing happened to me. I had 3 ultrasounds--first one, the tech said she didn't see any extra parts so she thinks the baby is a girl. At the second ultrasound (I had the second one because I was measuring 2 weeks ahead), we asked the tech to double check the gender. The baby was breach so she couldn't tell. At my last ultrasound (my doctor requested this one because she thought the baby was getting too big), the tech asked us if we knew what we were having--we said yes, at the first ultrasound, the tech told us we were having a girl--she said, oh, ok and gave us a weird look, but we didn't think anything of it because it was a very brief look and I think I'm the only one that noticed it was weird--about a week after I had the baby! Now, I had bought and received as gifts many MANY pink girly clothes, so my husband kept saying, I'm going to laugh and laugh if this baby turns out to be a boy. First, the baby's head comes out and my doctor says "don't push anymore, I'm suctioning out her mouth" then she told me to give one final push--and then announces "It's a boy!!" I kept asking her if she was serious and looking at my husband and asking him if she was serious--he's standing there grinning from ear to ear saying "I have a son! I have a son!!" We love him more than anything, but we had been calling him Charlotte from the time the first tech told us we were having a girl. I apologized over and over to my little Jake--our families have a lot of fun with it and call him Charlie every so often! We will never ask an ultrasound tech what we are having ever again! We had a surprise with our first and it was the best feeling--plus we won't trust what the techs say anymore anyway!
October 18th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Surprises are the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search