Chelita

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay so this isn't about labor and delivery but I thought you might be able to help me out cuz you're a student midwife. (Might be TMI)

Okay so it's been over two months since I had Aiden. I haven't started my cycles again yet. However with the last two boys my cycles started up again right about this time. (I'm one of those unlucky moms who don't really get a break from theirs when they're breastfeeding) Anyways for about a week and half now I've been getting some symtoms that it'll be here soon. So on Saturday I started spotting and really relieved that it was finally here. (My husband and I have been careful except for one time... not so much). Well that's all it was... was very faint spotting. So now I'm not so relieved. This didn't happen when with the other two. However I did spot like this when I found out I was pregnant with Lucas. And lately I've been feeling a bit sick to my stomach... which is now freaking me out even more. Please, please tell me that this my body getting back on track and I'm not pregnant again. I don't think my body can handle it. My husband is very postive that it's just my body getting back to normal. (I really hope this made sense) But what do you think...
October 11th, 2006, 11:39 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I always hear my preceptor tell our moms that breastfeeding is supposed to be about as accurate a birth control as say a condom. I have heard her say 99.9%.

But this stops after 6 months of nursing or when baby has started getting nourishment from elsewhere along with it's breastmilk.

Also, does this baby nurse more often? What is different with this baby and postpartum compared with the others? I know that women will sometimes have break through bleeding/spotting and then continue to not have regular menses for a while. Did you do anything abnormal or strenuous before the spotting?

Could you be coming down with one of these wonderful winter bugs and that could explain your sick feeling?

October 11th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I spotted a little more but nothing more. I've started my regular workouts again... so maybe that's it and I have been a lot more active than I was with the others postpardem wise. Aiden nurses more then Xander did and about the same as Lucas did. I might be coming down with something... the weather here has been crazy. I've even lost weight... so... I'm thinking I'm not pregnant. I'm not having any more symtoms. I'm just still a little worried. I think this is the first time I've actually wanted my period to come!
October 27th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
(I'm not Chelita, but I'm here to clarify about EBF and fertility):
Rules for lactational ammenorhea:
1. no sucking on anything but you. no thumbs, no pacis, no bottles, no fingers
2. baby under 6 months old, and not eating solids
3. baby nursing every 4 hours during day and
4. baby nursing every 6 hours at night
5. Your periods have not returned

IF you have those rules in check, you are about 98% likely not to be pregnant or expecting a period. But if even one of those rules changes, then you can get pregnant again and should be actively preventing pregnancy.

If you're pregnant enough to have symptoms, you're pregnant enough to test positive with first morning urine and Dollar Tree tests are really cheap peace of mind .
October 29th, 2006, 09:32 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay...so glad you piped in! *Big Smiles*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search