Postpartum Question

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2006, 04:36 PM
NewMommyJenn's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NewMommyJenn
Okay, so this is off topic from L&D, but everyone here always has such great answers!

So Kiana is about a month old now. I stopped bleeding after two weeks and have been feeling great as far as the postpartum stuff goes. I've been having some back problems, but that is it. My husband and I even cheated and had sex a week and a half ago. Everything has been fine! I am breastfeeding.

Anyway, enough background. I woke up this morning feeling really crampy. I've been feeling like this all day. I don't have any other symptoms. Just this constant crampy feeling. Any ideas what could be causing it? I wouldn't think I would be starting my cycle again, since it's so soon and I am still breastfeeding.....

HELP!
November 1st, 2006, 05:24 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont know for sure, but you could still be having uterine contractions. Also - have you gotten "regular" again as far as BMs go? That can also be a cause. If youre taking iron, or not getting enough fiber, or if youre just not quite regular again a lot of women say that this can cause them to be a bit crampy. Im not sure if having sex could have caused it though. My MW doesnt bank on the "wait 6 weeks" thing - she just recommends waiting until bleeding has stopped for a full week.

I hope that helps, and that you figure out what it is. Maybe its just something as simple as some leftover uterine contractions, especially since you are bfing.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
November 1st, 2006, 05:29 PM
Quote:
I dont know for sure, but you could still be having uterine contractions. Also - have you gotten "regular" again as far as BMs go? That can also be a cause. If youre taking iron, or not getting enough fiber, or if youre just not quite regular again a lot of women say that this can cause them to be a bit crampy. Im not sure if having sex could have caused it though. My MW doesnt bank on the "wait 6 weeks" thing - she just recommends waiting until bleeding has stopped for a full week.

I hope that helps, and that you figure out what it is. Maybe its just something as simple as some leftover uterine contractions, especially since you are bfing.

Lala...[/b]
Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking it might be my uterus, I just wasn't sure since I haven't felt it in like 2 weeks. Now all of the sudden it's bad again today. And I've been having regular BMs, just about since the beginning. That hasn't been a problem at all. I guess I'll see what happens over the next few days. I'm just worried it's something serious. I've moved recently, so I really need to find a midwife or OB up here to get in with for a postpartum check.
November 5th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Quote:
i had some of those today.. and i havent had a uterus contraction like pain since 5 days post. i figured it was just a random final contraction...

but, make sure you use some form of protection! breastfeeding doesnt mean no period! i got mine with my son while i was still nursing him exclusively and i have a friend who got pregnant after 3 month post while breastfeeding exclusively... that is... unless youd be cool with getting pregnant again... if so then have at it! (shoot.. i already am....hehehe)

it could also mean you overdid it some... did you do any heavier activity that day? like you said you moved... any chance you overdid it?[/b]
Oh geeze! No, I don't want to be pregnant again! Kiana is wonderful and I love her, but I don't want another for awhile! I didn't realize that. I haven't really been overdoing it. We moved but had movers and I have been pretty lazy about unpacking. I'm still having the cramping so I scheduled an appointment with my new OB for tomorrow. I guess we'll see what she has to say.

Thanks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search