My progress

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2006, 01:19 PM
DahliaMarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to DahliaMarie Send a message via Yahoo to DahliaMarie
Ok, so I know in the long run it's really up to Dominic when he decides to make his arrival. These numbers don't mean much to him - BUT since I got the info from my midwife I thought I would share and get some opinions/predictions.

Humor me!

Ok so as of last week (got checked then- just remembered to ask for the info today ) per my midwifes notes:

1cm dialated
60% effaced
baby at -1 station
cervix is ripe, soft and stretchy.

She also mentioned that he was "pretty low for being so far from my due date" and that it was "really good".

So- what do you think?

btw- I am in NO hurry! Although everyone else seems to be rushing me and ready for him to come RIGHTNOW I'm ok with waiting till he is good and ready. I'm just asking for fun.

ETA- Other helpful information- I have been measuring several weeks ahead almost the whole pregnancy. I am 37 weeks measuring 43 cm. today. M/w estimates him to already be over 8 lbs.

<div align="center"></div>
November 8th, 2006, 05:06 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lol... really want my prediction? Are you suuuuuuuuure?
lol.

I say youll make it to 41 wks 3 days

Just for the simple fact that all the signs seem to point to things that make people say "youll never make it to your due date!". Those are the babies that tend to take their time. AND - youre a first time mommy to boot lol.

My 1st was 6 days early. With my second - I was 2 cm dilated, 60% effaced, and HUGE at 30 weeeks! By 38 weeks, I was 3 cm dilated, 70% effaced, carried low ( i have a low pubic bone too), and STILL humongous. I delivered her 8 days late lol.

I remember goign for a 4d u/s at 28 weeks and the tech couldnt even get a good shot of her face b/c her head was behind my pubic bone. Everyone swore Id never make it to my due date, even my MW. Then - she not only came late, but was smaller than most expected. My MW is pretty good at her guesstimates, and she thought for sure we were looking at almost 9 lbs lol. 8 lbs 6 ozs, though!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search