The OPPOSITE of misconceptions.

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2006, 02:36 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG lol.

i just had my 6 week check up at 4 weeks postpartum (ah the irony lol).

Anyways - my OB saw me and again congratulated us, and then ragged my Dh for not going to go get him for the delivery or after the delivery. He lives just down the street from us, and told us if we needed him to come get him. I tore during delivery, so I went to his office a few hours after having baby & he said we should have just come by his house since we had the baby so early in the morning - and that way we could have saved a trip & he woudl have just swung by the house.

Well - of course, he did the usual exam, and then reminded us that if we had another hed like to do our homebirht

Then - he said the most amazing thing! He said "you know 95% of labors are normal. Anybody coudl deliver 95% of those babies, as much as we OB's hate to admit it - it hurts our egos! But really - were only trained to deliver that other 5%. So next time - give me a call, and Ill just show up to your house ".

OMG, to hear that come out of an OBs mouth - made my DAY - heck... made my YEAR!

Ok, so while Im gushing about this man that Im absolutely smitten over lol - anyone else care to share any stories of things that their OB said that just made you go "WOW"? (IN a good way of course lol)

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
November 9th, 2006, 06:11 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
In a good way? Sorry, no. My OB was horrible. I was swollen and miserable. I was showing signs of preeclampsia and he told me to eat more eggs. What the $%&*?! Luckily all ended up well but never again! I'll do it myself before I put up with another guy like that. You're very lucky to have found a good OB.

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
November 9th, 2006, 06:30 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha I know what you mean Im really surprised, I looked high & low for a good OB & trust me when I tell you - this one isnt perfect, buthes the best this area has. lol.

Sorry to hear about your experience While its true that a high protein diet can reverse pre-eclampsia (see the Brewer Diet for pregnancy), and eggs are high in protein, the guys a moron for just saying "eat more eggs" and sending you on your way. Too many drs give too little information if any at all, and then wonder how their patients end up not liking them or their experiences.

Argh!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
November 13th, 2006, 05:39 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love everything about my OB, he just joined the practice i use 2 years ago, he delivered John and he is awesome, not to mention he is HOT@!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
November 13th, 2006, 10:58 AM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hated my OB, I loved my family doc though.
My family doc doesn't deliver anymore so he sent me to an OB who unknown to me if famous for doing abortions in the area, if I had have known that I wouldn't have gone to him. Also I was in serious pain for a couple weeks prior to going into labour and I was begging him to induce me because it was getting unbearable, he said no and he guessed Brody was about 7lbs. Well once going into labour the doctor who was on call who delivered found out Brody was faced the wrong way so thats why I had been in so much pain, and if the doctor had checked that he could have gotten him turned and to top it off he was 9lbs 8oz!!! I think he was slightly off. .. . . needless to say next time I will be going to the doctor who delivered, I loved her!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

November 14th, 2006, 12:18 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is AWESOME!

I had an OB do my post exam and letter for my birth certificate and he was like so great! He said that we were great and that we had made a good decision for us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search