Baby Dropping?

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Veteran
Saturday night while lying down my baby dropped - I'm pretty sure. My DH felt it first (his hand was on my stomach) - the baby started moving really weird and contortionist - and suddenly I felt it - I could feel his head driving into my pelvic bones like a little fist and it HURT the way he was doing all these contortions in there - he turned around also, so he is now facing my spine and he is much lower. I feel like he is going to fall out. Because I was laying down, I think it felt more strange -

I'm going to the bathroom way more than ever, but since I never had any shortness of breath or heartburn, I never got any "lightening" sensation. If anything, he feels like he's gained 20 lbs now! LOL

At my last visit (34 weeks) the doctor said his head was on my cervix - whatever that means? (does anyone know?)

I've read of women feeling their babies drop - what did it feel like? Did it happen while they were just walking along? Afterward, what did it feel like?

For me it feels like he is going to fall out the front of my stomach - it's pushing way out now and has me kind of off balance. Does that sound familiar? Thanks...in case you hadn't guessed, I'm a first time mom....
November 15th, 2004, 02:35 PM
AmberC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberC
Your cervix is at the top of your vagina just under the uterus. When you go into labor his head will move down past and thru your cervix. He is positioned where he is supposed to be. I never felt it when my DD droped, but I could tell by how low I was carrying her and by the pressure I felt "down there"

Your getting close!!!!

</div>
November 15th, 2004, 03:43 PM
zonapellucida
Mine was like aginding feeling on the inside if you kwim
November 15th, 2004, 03:46 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didnt actually feel him drop but 1 day I woke up and he was much lower. Pushing on my bladder, which isnt nice at all.

November 23rd, 2004, 04:39 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I could feel more pressure down low when my babies dropped...I could see that they dropped too. My belly shape looked different! I look so foward to all that will come with my pegnancy now.

November 23rd, 2004, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
ashton was always really low. he was head down ready to go at 7 months. and didnt move. he never dropped becasue he was already so low or if he did i had no idea.

November 23rd, 2004, 07:37 AM
Veteran
What the last poster says is interesting - and relevant. My baby has always been low also - he has always been in the head down position.

However, 2 Saturdays ago I felt him moving even further into my pevlic bones - as in his head was pushing into them as if a little fist was driving into my bones. Also, he turned from facing my stomach to facing my back.

Then this past Saturday we were walking around and I was at the bookstore and started to feel really uncomfortable. I couldn't figure it out. Then I looked at my stomach and saw that it was even LOWER! I couldn't believe it! I never felt this one but it was very obvious he had gone even lower into my pelvic region.

Now I can literally feel him as if he is going to fall out between my legs. This was something I'd heard of but wasn't experiencing - that was why I asked what it felt like - I wondered if, even though he has always been low and head down, he could get even lower.

It would seem he could - as he did!

Thanks for all the postings here...it has helped me.

November 23rd, 2004, 08:16 AM
christabellz's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to christabellz Send a message via Yahoo to christabellz
Oh, the good ol' memories of all that pressure down there!
I felt 3 of my babies drop.
My #2 was the first I felt drop. I was walking down the hall at work and she just wiggled and phew the pressure suddenly.
My#3 was about the same.
Then my #4 was different because it was SO MUCH EARLIER. I then went into preterm labor two days later.
I also had preterm labor with the others after they dropped but not that suddenly or as early.......hhhhhmmmmm I wonder why. DId any of you have that happen after they dropped?

#1-DS 12/13/95
#2-DD 03/17/98
#3-DS-10/09/00~m/c a twin with him
#4-DS10/29/03

M/C
TWINS
12/13/94
November 24th, 2004, 01:25 AM
lynn_uk's Avatar Super Mommy
Sparkplug, how far along are you now? I'm also carrying very low, the ultrasound technician was surprised. I'm also carrying head down with his feet up just under my ribs.

My hips have also increased by about 10" so far, this is the bone and not any extra weight, I hope this is a good sign.

November 24th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Veteran
I'm 36 weeks as of this Friday.

I saw the doc today and he measured my tummy and said, "Yes, he has dropped a lot!"

I always carried him low and his head was always down in the right position - the entire pg.

The doctor used to tell me "The head's down here," but my dh would just laugh. I'd been telling him that for months.

My hips have actually NOT gotten that much wider, interestingly - although I did feel it when the relaxin kicked in.

I also had it so my son's feet were never that high - meaning I nevere got that shortness of breath many women complain about when their infants crowd their lungs and such.

I never got the 3rd trimester heartburn either from a baby crowding my stomach.

He kind of was always in the fetal position so that his head was low over my pelvic bones, his back up my side, and his feet kind of sticking out to the left side.

The doctor did an internal exam too and said, "Oh yes, his head is right there."

So he's in launch position -

now it's up to the hormones to do their stuff so my cervix starts to dilate...

as of today my cervix is still closed but the doc said, "This situation will change daily..."

and he'll see me next week...

btw: My mom said she carried me low the entire time as well. So it isn't unheard of...
November 25th, 2004, 01:59 AM
lynn_uk's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
launch position[/b]
I like it Glad to hear all's going well, now's the time for you to relax, sit comfortably and get lots of sleep.

November 25th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Veteran
sleep? heh heh - I've been up between 3 and 4 several times a week - for no apparent reason!

Even right now - it's 5:37am - I'd been laying awake in bed for about an hour...finally got up as I know it's fruitless to try to get back to sleep...*sigh*

I have heard this is nature's way of preparing you for when the baby is born and you're up with feedings but it's a drag just the same. Especially given I stayed up til midnight in the hopes that I might sleep til at least 6 or so this morning...

*sigh*

December 7th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Regular
SparkPlug..I know how you feel! I am due in 13 days, and I have some terrible insomnia...also fueled by the nesting instinct. I have been washing baby clothes....rearranging Kitchen cabinets....scrubbing walls.....LOL. This is my 4th pregnancy. My oldest daughter is 16, and the youngest 8...all girls. This one is a boy!! Tyler Lane Due 12-21-04....(C-Section)
Good luck to you!!!!
December 17th, 2004, 10:26 PM
crazylady
neither one of my babys dropped until i went into labor...:: ugh the WHOLE freakin pregnancy i had to go through the "i cant breathe" and bad heartburn thing...of course my kids were so darn huge (9lb and 10.5lb) that they did have ANY room to drop unless they were actually coming out!! lmao

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search