PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2004, 02:28 PM
alyssasmommy2001
OK, I never went into labor gradually with Alyssa. I was induced, and when they broke my water five hours after administering the pitocin, I was in full blown labor. How will I know if I am in labor or not???? I have been having some cramps, but I don't know when it means something. I had menstrual type cramps last night, every ten minutes when they were regular. I also had sharp low back pain, but not neccessarily at the same time as the menstrual type cramps. Plus, I have had a lot of (TMI WARNING) pinching/stabbing pain in my vagina when I have these cramps, and sometimes even when I am not having them. My problem is that the cramps themselves aren't that bad, and I know it makes me sound like ab idiot, but it is really hard to tell if it is gas or contractions or the baby moving in some odd way. The reason I am inclined to think that they are weird contractions is b/c of the vaginal pain, and tha fact that my stomach is as hard as a freakin rock when it happens. I just thought they would hurt more, b/c the ones I was having last week were much worse, but didn't have any of these accompanying symptoms. does this sound like the start of early labor, or does it seem like something else?

Sorry so long.....
December 21st, 2004, 02:38 PM
oreokitten
I had that for WEEKS before I had Jillian. I kept going in and they would tell me I had a UTI, or it was just False labor, or I was just dehydrated, blah blah blah......
I just ekpt thinking it was rel beacause that's how I felt when I went into lobor with Brielle. When I finally was in real labor, I was in the shower and I just KNEW. It was just hurting, not like unconfortable pains, it started to HURT! Well, that's my story, my 2 cents, lol, sorry I couldnt be more help.
December 21st, 2004, 02:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds to me like you are getting close and all you are feeling is normal- I dont think its labor quite yet though... bummer I know.

December 21st, 2004, 02:55 PM
alyssasmommy2001
Thanks for the input. I was just worried b/c several ppl in my family have tales of being in labor and not knowing it, and like three women in my family have delivered at home or some other unplanned place b/c they had no idea they were in labor. The cramps really don't hurt, it is the vaginal pinching/stabbing that is bothering me. The doc told me to call if I had any question about if I was in labor or not, b/c they supposedly can tell by the sound of your voice. But that isn't going to help now, b/c I have a really bad sore throat and my voice is practically gone.
December 21st, 2004, 03:12 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would call the dr. Better safe than sorry. For me the early contractions weren't really that painful. Then 6 hours later I was pushing LOL.

December 21st, 2004, 11:18 PM
I Heart 4x4
CALL YOUR DOCTOR!
December 22nd, 2004, 05:16 AM
MommyXin2005
I'm going throw the same thing, After contracting on and off for a week then for 2 whole days yesteday nothing, this morning omg this hurts darn it

Luckily I get to go out and brave the snow storm and go to my drs appt at 10 to at least see if anything is going on

I just know there is gonna be 12 inches of snow on the ground tonight and I'll be in labor...

Hugs
December 22nd, 2004, 05:22 AM
alyssasmommy2001
Quote:
Originally posted by MommyXin2005@Dec 22 2004, 08:16 AM
I'm going throw the same thing, After contracting on and off for a week then for 2 whole days yesteday nothing, this morning omg this hurts darn it

Luckily I get to go out and brave the snow storm and go to my drs appt at 10 to at least see if anything is going on

I just know there is gonna be 12 inches of snow on the ground tonight and I'll be in labor...

Hugs*
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

LOL, that's what I keep thinking. There is supposed to be about six to eight inches of snow by tonight, and I live 45 minutes away from the hospital. Fun, fun. I have an OB appointment tomorrow, so if I don't go into labor by then I will at least get to see what progress has been made.
December 22nd, 2004, 06:01 AM
MommyXin2005
We are lucky we only live about 4 miles from the hospital but we live in a very hilly area

We used to live in the boonies though an hour from any hospitals I'm so so glad I didn't get preg when we lived out there, it would have taken me 45 mins just to get to an OB

DH and I were both Hellians as kids so I have already figued this kid will be one too, so I could see her picking to come in a snow storm it's what I did to my mom when I was born
December 22nd, 2004, 06:21 AM
alyssasmommy2001
Quote:
Originally posted by MommyXin2005@Dec 22 2004, 09:01 AM
We are lucky we only live about 4 miles from the hospital but we live in a very hilly area

We used to live in the boonies though an hour from any hospitals I'm so so glad I didn't get preg when we lived out there, it would have taken me 45 mins just to get to an OB

DH and I were both Hellians as kids so I have already figued this kid will be one too, so I could see her picking to come in a snow storm it's what I did to my mom when I was born*
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Yeah, we live in the boonies, kinda. It isn't to bad, we live about 15 minutes away from Wal mart, Kroger, and anything that we need to be close to. There is a hospital about 15 minutes from here, but I would only go there if I was dying, lol. We live about 45 mins from Louisville, so it really isn't bad. But our closest neighbors are the cows in the field next door, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search