UpDaTe

Forum: Labor and Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Labor and Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2004, 08:03 AM
Veteran
Hi!
I am 26 weeks Pregnant! Only about 11 more weeks to go and we will have our Baby Girl (Natalie Ryann)
We have decided after 36 weeks to induce, if I am showing some progress & all looks ok with me and the baby!
My dr likes to do this, to lessen the chance of a baby to big, especially considering mine is ahead by size! and to lessen the chance of a bowel movement before birth.
His C-Section Rate is down because of this also!
I can't wait!!!!

Everyone is telling me during vacation I need to go ahead and pack and have all that out of the way!! Which is a good idea

Well, I am kinda new here, and was just wondering how everyone out there is doing and if they have any suggestions, or anythign they'd like to share!!!

December 22nd, 2004, 09:54 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well if you already know you are going to be induced then what's the point of packing now? There is a list stickied of what to bring to the hospital. I hope you find that helpful.

For me personally I wouldnt be induced. I'd rather go natural. But its your baby and your body so you do what makes you happy and comfortable.

I'm not pregnant right now so I cant update you on my progress, LOL. I did have a very good birthing experience with my son. On my way home from work I felt a little wet. I went potty when I got home and I was spotting. So I called the dr and went in an hour later. They told me that my water was leaking and to go to the hospital. I had already been 2cm dialated for about 2 weeks and since I was strep B positive I needed AB's. I got to the hospital at 3pm. Labored 90% of the time in the shower and had my son at 9:04pm.

Another thing to check out is the JM birthing plan. You just fill it out and print it. Or you can write your own. Its a great way to make sure you get the experience that you want and they dont do anything to you or baby that you dont want.

You only have about 10 weeks and counting. Time will fly.

December 22nd, 2004, 10:07 AM
Veteran
Yeah, only 10 more weeks to go!!!
Well, I really don't know what we will do, the dr seems to think I will be ready by then... I have to be dilated before he will start the inducing..
He feels it will be best for me, and I do too, But like Me and my hubby have discussed, we will wait until that time comes and see..

I figure I will go ahead and pack, that way in case something should happen, I can be ready at anytime

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search