Bleeding in Early Pregnancy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Resources for Common Pregnancy Complications LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I am about 5 weeks pregnant with my second, but have been bleeding for the last 5 days. The blood is mostly red and thick at times, about the equivalent of an average day of my period. I've had one HCG test that came back surprisingly normal (around 2000) and am scheduled to go in for my next one tomorrow (with results the day after that). I have not had any cramping or other discomfort. It is hard to imagine a viable pregnancy after 5 days of bleeding, but in the absence of cramping, I'm not losing all hope until I get that second set of HCG results. In the meantime, the waiting is so difficult. Has anyone out there gone on to have a successful pregnancy after this amount of bleeding? If so, I would love to hear your story to help me maintain a positive attitude for the next 48 hours.
February 29th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I don't have any experience with bleeding that heavy, but I am sending you sticky vibes!

February 29th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Hi there well I have 2 miscarriages and in both I bleed everyday and my hGC levels drop down like crazy so there were nothing todo but to let nature take it's course also I didn't have any cramps till the day I miscarriage. My third pregnancy I bleed but the dr put me on progesterone,aspirin and total bed rest. So I think there is hope for you2 but make sure you have at least 3 hGC test done just to be sure.
I wish you very good luck to both of you and let us know what happen.
March 14th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Veteran
Hi,
I had severe bleeding during my pregnancy, turned out to be a hematoma on my placenta. I was sure I was having a miscariage at the time. I was put on bed rest for 6 weeks until hematoma resolved and now I have a perfect baby boy. Hope everything works out for you.
May 9th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Sounds similar to what I'm going through. I have subchorionic bleeding. Ive been bleeding everyday for about a week and a half maybe 2 weeks now? I've been to my dr a couple times and am going back today/tomorrow actually. I do however have bad cramping. I was told this is more common than you think. I wish the best of luck to you! Don't get your hopes up yet!
July 4th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Bleeding in the first trimester is very common. Even heavy bleeding often turns out ot be nothing more then a big scare and the baby is fine. I found this resource helpful, maybe it will help others:

First Trimester Bleeding

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search