Could it be?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I've known for some time that I have infertility issues. (I've have had three miscarriages.) I'm always searching for possible answers. (I don't have insurance at the moment so I haven't seen a doctor about the causes.)

Looking on wiki, at some point I have had every symptom. The thing is, it's not every cycle. Most cycles I will have at least one, but it varies so much. Some cycles (few are far in between) will be normal (no pain, no bowel problems, etc.) Is it possible to have endo and have such a variation?

Also, I see infertility listed as a symptom...In this case is that just trouble conceiving, or can this mean trouble carrying as well?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
July 3rd, 2009, 09:07 PM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From what I've read having endo can cause problems carrying as well. The thing with endo is they really don't know alot about the cause of it, just several theories. Well one of the theories is that its sort of an autoimmune disorder which can cause it to think of the embryo as a foreign substance and attack it like a virus. Some people with endo have no symptoms except infertility. So I definitely think it could be.
July 4th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There's actually be very little actual research into endo but there does seem to be a connection between endo and miscarriage. I had a number of m/cs and chemicals before we were able to conceive our first.

Symptoms can vary between women and between cycles. Sometimes I'll have a cycle with no bowel issues, or without leg pain, then the next time it will be back two-fold.

I think if you are concerned it would definitely be worth bringing this up with your doctor, honey. If endo is a possibility then it's better investigated than not x x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

July 4th, 2009, 02:04 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have every symptom every cycle. As for m/c. I'm an only child. My mom was never officially diagnosed with endo but since it can be hereditary and she had horrible cramps when she was younger we assume she has it. It took her 5 years to get pg. with me (infertility). When I was about 6 or 7 they started trying again. She had no problem getting pregnant but had at least 5 m/c. I'm not sure how many since I was young and I don't want to bring it up and cause her pain. So I'd say it causes both.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
July 4th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Hey Augie! I just saw your post as I was checking out the new TTC w/ End forum that I am so excited about.

I have moderate endo confirmed by U/S in 2001 as a teenager. The DR then told me I would never be able to get pg or carry a child. We did have fertility issues, not a strong O which my RE said was caused by the endo.

We did 3 rounds of clomid, Aug, (Sept off due to cysts) Oct, and Nov (also with trigger shot). None of these did get us our BFP. I have 4 cysts in Dec and was off clomid then too. We were on a TTC break until March (due to vacation). Well low and behold after just assuming for the second time ever in my life I was sure I was just late. I test almost 2 weeks late and got our miracle BFP!!

I never had any issues with this baby. She will be here in as most of 12 weeks!! I was progesterone until 13 weeks which I also think helped me.

I am hoping this forum brings lots of hope and answers for all the ladies TTC w/ Endo.

Good Luck Augie!!

Do not mention on FB
July 4th, 2009, 03:18 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Thanks ladies. I unfortunately won't be able to talk to a doctor about it until October but hopefully then I'll get some answers. If you ladies will have me, I'd love to stick around even though we are WTTC so that I can learn more.

It was amazing reading the symptoms last night. A lot of the symptoms, I had never really viewed as symptoms. I never thought that they may be a part of the problem. I just figured that's how it was--that's how AF presented in my body. Now, knowing that might not be the case and that all along it may have been a warning sign...wow.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search