Ovulation question

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2009, 03:52 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
Well, since I have been tracking my ovulation patter every month for the last 6, I have found that I get my worst Endo pain during the week that I ovulate--which makes it hard to BD due to the pain. Does anyone else have this problem? Whether you do or not- do you have any suggestions to help this? I mean, this is the time that DH and I should BD like every day--but after the first time, we sometimes can't because its too painful down there which gets me thinking 'thats why we can't get preg cause we miss the perfect BD day due to my pain' but then of course after I ovulate, the pain goes away..unitll the ugly red devil shows her face! ....Tell me I'm not the only one....
July 31st, 2009, 02:03 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You aren't the only one but I am sorry it is happening to you. Endo lives off hormones and since there is a rise in them during O it makes it worse. Do you notice it's worse some months than others?

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
July 31st, 2009, 07:26 AM
rachel.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not sure if I have dealt with that or not. I don't track my ovulation because I'm not TTC... yet... lol. But I'm pretty much in a steady amount of pain all through my cycle. I'm sorry you have to deal with this, hon.

non-vaxing, non-circing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, attachment-parenting my babies
July 31st, 2009, 08:24 AM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh honey ((((((((hugs)))))))) I am having the exact same problem right now. The pain I have on and around my O day has been as severe as my AF pain since I had my first daughter and it's been even worse since I had my youngest. I often have to stop as soon as we start BDing because it's too painful.

I'm afraid I don't have a whole lot of advice, except to BD as soon as you see fertile CM or, if you are pretty regular, a couple of days before you are supposed to O. It's best to get in ahead if you can so there's some sperm waiting when the egg is released in case you are not able to BD during O.

I also have found that BDing in the morning is less painful than at night, and to 'warm up' a little first to make sure you are as lubricated as possible. Also, try taking some pain meds a couple of hours before you BD to take the edge off. I have been doing this lately, it doesn't help a great deal (and makes me want to go to sleep ) but it can help you to just manage that little bit easier. x

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

August 3rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
Hey Ladies~

So going back to my Ovulation pain question...I have definitely found that I have really bad pain down there when I ovulate. Speaking of "O"...I usually ovulate around CD 24 so I had my HSG done this cycle on CD9 and I ended up ovulating on cycle day 17...a whole week earlier so I am officially in my 2WW...3DPO...!! My temps are SUPER high this round and I go to the doctor this week so they can do a blood test and test my progesterone levels during my LP. I'll keep ya'll posted!! How is everyone else? Any 2WW-ers out there?!

Last edited by *Mommy2Remington*; August 4th, 2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: update

Tags
endometriosis , endometriosis pain , ovulation , ovulation pain

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search