Am I justified?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2009, 08:29 AM
rachel.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So my fourteen year old sister totally crashes her computer and wants to play WOW on mine all night. Okay, fine. Whatever. I get up this morning to check JM...

And everything is gone.

Eden's Christmas pictures, my bookmarks, my $300 worth of iTunes purchases, and worst of all, these fairy-tales I was writing, for my daughter, so I could make her her very own personalized fairy-tales book, complete with little paintings. I had seven stories written from different legends. I've been writing them since before she was born. And now? Gone. She's even uninstalled Word!

I am ******* livid. Absolutely mother-****** livid.

My mother and grandmother think I have no reason to be angry.

Opinions: Is 14 years old, old enough to know the VERY BASIC forms of RESPECT?

non-vaxing, non-circing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, attachment-parenting my babies
December 12th, 2009, 09:46 AM
suziequep's Avatar Super Mommy
I would say that you are completely justified in being angry. Are you sure they are gone for good? Did she say that she deleted everything in order to install the game or did you already have the game installed on your computer? If she was installing the game on the computer, she probably deleted stuff to make room for the game because it's a 2GB game. If you already had the game installed - I have no idea why she would start deleting things - it might be helpful to ask her what in the world possessed her to do that because honestly, I'd like to know the answer.

Either way, allowing someone permission to access your computer and allowing them access to delete applications and data off of your computer are two COMPLETELY different things. She violated your trust and showed absolutely no respect for you. You are completely justified in being angry. I would never let her near my computer again and I maybe even ask for replacement of the applications that she uninstalled if you aren't able to reinstall them.

I can't believe your mom and sister don't see an issue with what she did all to play a stupid game. (No offense if you actually play it- I used to play it and I still think it's a stupid game. LOL)

I hope you can find a way to get your information back! I wish you luck.
December 12th, 2009, 10:11 AM
rachel.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL! I've never played WOW. To me it's just too time-consuming and honestly, I've seen people addicted! She actually deleted stuff so she could install WOW and so it would run faster. Funny thing, after I explained EXACTLY what was removed and how hard it would be to fix to my mother and grandmother, now THEY'RE pissed, because they have to pay me $300 some odd dollars to replace my music, and buy new software for Microsoft Works, because my younger sister broke the disk, and as you probably know, that software is NOT cheap.

non-vaxing, non-circing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, attachment-parenting my babies
December 12th, 2009, 05:50 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Oh, I would be FURIOUS too! Ughh! I hope you are able to have it restored, I know windows does it autimatically sometimes and you can go back to that.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 12th, 2009, 06:18 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG I would be furious. I don't know what to do or say in a situation like this but I wouldn't be able to see her because I would probably cause bodily harm. I'm sooooo sorry this happened.
December 13th, 2009, 02:03 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You have every right to be angry and I'm glad you family came to see your point of view. You may be able restart from an earlier day and get some things (like the stories) back but the rest I'm not sure. I'm so sorry you lost so much.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
December 14th, 2009, 01:25 PM
MrsB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well they say nothing is ever really deleted so I'm sure there is a way to get it all back if you try hard enough. Also was everything completely deleted? Maybe some of it is still in the trash bin??? Oh, and for the itunes you should be able to re-download it and sign in and still have all of your purchases. I had done that when I transfered from one computer to another after my computer crashed.

Good luck!

After 2 losses, 2 rounds of fertility testing, 2 laproscopies and a D&C,
7 cycles of Clomid, an HSG and a cycle of Injections we finally received our BFP on August 19th!

Our Miracle John Michael was born April 25th 2011 @ 4:36pm!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search