Post op/fertility meds!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2010, 06:48 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I had my post op appointment on tuesday and just now get to post about it, since my laptop died and well, typing this all out on an iphone or netbook would be awful!

They started talking about my laparoscopy, and the findings. I was a little out of it the first time they told me immediately post op, so this was nice. Apparently I have a lot of adhesion's on my appendix, but since it is healthy, they left it! And same with the cysts, it would harm the tube to remove them, so they left it. :/ Mild (very...) endo on my bladder, which again, they left. I don't know.... notice a theme? lol Anyways incisions look good (even the one that was infected.... but I pulled the scab off on accident last night and am scared of it being an issue again!)

After that, we started talking about the future. I LOVE my RE. The one in training is so amazingly nice and just an awesome doctor! Anyways, we decided on monitored cycle: 100 mg clomid for days 3-7, and then an ultrasound at day 10/11, and then after that an HCG trigger shot called ovidrel, which I have in my fridge right now, and learnt how to give to myself. This shot is normally a LOT of money, and my insurance covered all but $9, and that was off base! The clomid cost nothing. We really are blessed with great healthcare.

So now I'm just waiting for this cycle to be over, so we can start our fertility meds! Aghh!!

And let me say, I am SO ANNOYED at people who keep slamming "I bet you'll have twins with those meds, then what will you do?!" at me.... What would I do? Have two babies! Duh. At this point, it's like buy one get one free. Seriously. I am going into this knowing it's a possibility, and one that Eric and I will accept, and kind of hope for (as this has to be our last child for medical reasons..) so that wouldn't be so bad.. we can handle it with our relationship being strong, and finances aren't the issue. I'm sure we'd go a little crazy but who doesn't with a newboen? lol, anyways, Even if said in good humor, it really gets under your skin! Eeesh.

Anyways, there is the update for now!

anyone who has done ovidrel: Does it burn once you inject it? I am doing it in my stomach...

And.... I had no idea they started people on 100mg of clomid, I've heard of 50 being the norm! I hope this works!

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

January 20th, 2010, 07:38 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad that you like your doctor and that they are going full out to begin with. Not that I'm a pro at the meds since I haven't done any yet but I think usually they start you out with 50 and no triggers. It bugs me too when people say you'll end up with two or three are you sure you can handle it. In my opinion God wouldn't have dealt us fertility issues if he didn't think we could handle the stress and possibility or multiples. I hope this is it for you!!! Let us know how the Clomid makes you feel and how the shot feels.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
January 20th, 2010, 08:24 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I'm pretty happy we are going full out too, to be honest. They want to do 4 cycles of this (I have refills on my clomid, and on the ovidrel ) and then we will move to an IUI but my RE was like "I don't even want to talk about that yet, because I have a feeling your body will respond really well to this!" So I hope he is right!

I think part of the reason we are going more aggressive is because of this: During my lap they found a mature follie on CD 23, and then on CD 26 my period started-- they know I don't ovulate or have issues with it. :/

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

January 20th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Hun

Also just had a lap and did a timed cycle this last round. Unfortunately for me I ovulated with the left ovary (which wont result in a pregnancy for me unless the eggy happens to hope into the oppostie tube and since i am pretty lazy, i dont think so lol, though i did do a lot of jumping around in bed trying to move my right tube over ha ha)...

Anyways, Ovidrel was burny but it wasnt bad AT ALL. whats a little burning??? Waxing your bikini is much worse.......

Have you asked your RE about doing a post coital test? The reason I ask, is that I turned out to be pretty acidic and need to douche when they trigger with bicarb. This helps the sperm live in my CM (previously they were shocked into submission and frozen in one spot ha ha)......anyways, this way my RE said i can try naturally with trigger for a fw months before moving on to IUI. Also, I am being monitored for progesterone in my luteal phase so make sure its all ok......

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
January 21st, 2010, 05:59 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had that particular shot but when I broke my leg they made me give myself blood thinner shots in the stomach. I almost passed out the first time but that was just cause I had myself so worked up. Mr EMT husband left the room because he's scared of needles. How that works, I'm not sure. Anyway, if you're only doing the shot once a month (is that how it works?) you won't have to worry about your stomach getting sore. A baby's worth a little pain anyway

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: