When to call the DR?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 08:09 AM
lauren.nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone. I am new here.

I've had endomestriosis since I was very young. I had a lap at 16 and 18, which found stage 4 endometriosis both times that had spread to most of my organs, especially my bowel. I never did Lupron because my insurance would not cover any of the costs. I got pregnant at 18 following my second surgery and had relief of painful periods, long cycles, cramps, etc. for 2 years. I started to have issues in October of 2009 - nothing too serious. My cycles were becoming longer and closer together than normal in addition to quite a bit of cramping.

I went to the doctor in January to talk about trying to conceive and my endometriosis. He said if I had not conceived by April and my period was still getting worse then we would need to intervene. So my husband and I are trying to have a baby before that.

So here is my main question -

I am 5 days late for my period. Absolutely no sign of her showing -- and I usually cramp 2-3 days beforehand. I just "know" when I am about to get her. I have done a pregnancy test but it is definitely negative. I ovulated late in my cycle, so I am only 8 DPO - which is probably why it is a BFN if I am pregnant.

I am on cycle day 36. When should I call the doctor to see if I am pregnant -- and if I am not, to do something about starting my period? The longest I have gone cycle wise since the end of 2007 has been 39 days. Usually I have 31 day cycles.

Thoughts?
January 27th, 2010, 06:34 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome. Have your cycles been regular lately? You can always call and ask for a blood test to be sure. If it were me I would give it until Monday (I know being patient is really hard!!!) and if AF hadn't shown call and ask for a test. Even if they won't give you anything to get your period to start at least you'll know one way or another. Do you know for sure when you ovulated?

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
January 27th, 2010, 09:28 PM
lauren.nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought I might have ovulated the 7th/8th -- but then on the 19th, I had ovulation pains and EWCM. Although today I have had ovulation pains again -- so I have no idea. My cycles are pretty regular, like 31 days. Give or take a day. So I don't know. I guess I will call Monday if I still don't have my period! Thanks
January 27th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Super Mommy
If you have endo I wouldnt put too much faith in pains being a sign of ovulation. I kept thinkiing i was ovulating etc but it was just the endo acting up mid cycle. ince my lap, that specific type of ovulation pain dissapeared. So, you may not really know when you actually ovulated unless you are temping. Since you have had a cycle of 39 days, day 36 isnt considered late yet. I would get with a RE if you arent preggy to start the initial blood work to see what is happening with you hormonal and if you are ovulating properly. Then i would see, since you have had stage 4 endo, if maybe a lap is needed (you may not need one since you have been preggy before). Then i would figure out how to time your cycle properly and make sure you know when you ovulate.

Hope that helps. Good luck for monday ......

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search