Question..?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2010, 11:21 PM
HeatherW's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not TTC, but can you have Endometriosis and still be fertile? After my second child I started having pain right before I started AF, then the first couple days of AF, my cramps, passing gas, and bowel movements were excruitiating. I almost cried every time I was using the bathroom. I also feel like everything is just gonna... fall out? It went away when I had a surprise pregnancy with my newest and the first PP AF after him wasn't that bad... I thought I was in the clear. Now its back with a vengeance.. I was having a hard time walking through the store earlier today. I've also noticed my periods are heavier, I soak super tampons within an hour the first 2 days of my AF. After I hit a little over the mid way mark w/ my period the symptoms ease up. Endometriosis runs in my family actually, a lot of the women have it, but I've never had fertility issues, so I never thought I had it. Wouldn't I have been diagnosed already seeing as how I had three children back to back?

Sorry for all the questions, I didn't know where else to go. Could I just have really awful periods from childbirth?

February 4th, 2010, 03:04 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome. I'm Paige one of the co-hosts for this board. I haven't had children yet so I don't know how they affect your period. You can have endometriosis and have no fertility problems. It's one of those weird things. It just depends on how bad it is and where it is. If it's not on your tubes or ovaries then it probably wouldn't cause problems Your symptoms do sound like endo. Specially the "feeling like everythings gonna fall out". Heavy periods and cramps are also other symptoms. Unfortunately the only way to really diagnose it is thorough surgery. As for treatments BC works wonders for some women. With me it didn't work the first go round but a few years later it made the cramps so much more bearable.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: