Need some advice.

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Hi ladies. I was wondering if ye could give me some advice. here is my story
I had 2 Lap's in October where they removed a lot of Endo a cyst and also my left tube that was twisted and damaged. Then I had a smear with high levels so I had a colposcopy in Noverber and the results were bad. I had a LEEP in December. I'm due another colposcopy on 2nd March if we get the all clear we can start ttc again but here is my problem

I'm at a bit of a crossroad.
DH has lost his job so things are really tight with money... I don't know what to do???

Here are my options I would love some feed back and advice. (of course this is only if I get the all clear on next colposcopy on 2nd march)

1a) Come off the pill on try ourself using home insemination...
1b) if I come off pill each time AF shows my Endo will come back and cause scaring which will lower my chance with IUI...

2a) stay on the pill untill we can afford IUI... that could be next year the way things are going with money.
2b) I'll be 35 this year so the longer I leave it the lower my chances are...

What to do... I'm really confused. I sooooo want to be a mom and soon. I know I should be thinking positive and I do... I can see myself with my baby and I pray every night and ask my graudain angel to help. It's just sooo hard. And then I think how will we be able to afford a baby but I know that we will get by thing have to get better with jobs etc...
So ladies any advice on how we should move forward would be great.

If we try for 2 to 3 cycles on our own would a lot of endo come back in that amount of time to cause enough scaring to make IUI harder for when we can try IUI.
Sorry this is such an essay

[SIZE="3"]

February 7th, 2010, 05:17 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you've been going through so much. I can't tell you what you should do but I can tell you what I would do. I would try two or three cycles naturally (with either instead cups or home insemination). If those didn't result in a BFP I would go back on the BC. I know everybody is different and the endo comes back in all of us at different rates but I wouldn't think that a few cycles would cause it to grow back that much.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
February 7th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks Paige
I was thinking that as well but I'm just afraid that the endo coming back will ruin my chances with IUI in the future if we don't get a BFP on our own...

[SIZE="3"]

February 7th, 2010, 06:48 PM
rachel.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well... honestly with endo it's sooo much more complicated than TTC without any fertility issues. I say go with your heart. I can't offer much more than that. Good luck, KUP!

non-vaxing, non-circing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, attachment-parenting my babies
February 9th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Super Mommy
Not sure endo comes back that quickly. from what i have asked docs and read up it takes a long time.......i mean you are super fertile up to 18 months after a lap.....

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
February 9th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks ladies.
It really is a hard choice for me to make but I think we will try on our own for 3 cycles. I'm giving myself that deadline then I will go back on the pill so the Endo won't come back till we can afford IUI Fingers crossed we will get our BFP and not need it but at least I have a plan in place. Thank you for answering my post.
I really should stick around here more. I'm only coming to terms with having Endo and I don't know that much about it.
Thanks again ladies

[SIZE="3"]

February 9th, 2010, 05:42 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know everyone's different but my last lap was in August of 2006 until yesterday. The doc found almost no endo had grown back. I don't know if that will help your decision or not. Yes, please stick around more Between all of us we should be able to answer any question you have about it.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
February 10th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks Paige
Ya that really helps with my decision. It's great that very little came back.
Hope you are feeling ok after you surgery.

[SIZE="3"]

February 11th, 2010, 07:55 AM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
Hi Rebecca, I know I've never posted on this board before and my two cents might not be necessarily wanted/needed, but I could really relate to your question. I have severe endo (stage 4) with everything glued and twisted together and a left ovary that barely spilled dye. My doctor called my insides a "trainwreck". I stopped taking my b/c 2 years ago and decided to just go with my heart. I went through 24 cycles, one lap 18 months ago after a 6x8 chocolate cyst on one side and a 4X5 on the other, 1 HSG scan, and many many months of BFNs and HORRENDOUS periods. My husband and I were in NO shape for infertility treatments. My job benefits offer no fertility treatments. I just really had to hope that if we were meant to have another baby, it would happen (we had our first really young, 6 yrs ago). It took 24 cycles and then when we decided to stop trying, we got pregnant. On our own. And through my left "nonfunctioning" ovary. I just want to give you some hope. You really do have to follow your heart. I hated hearing people say, "If it's meant to be" so I won't offer you the same advice, but I will say that God has a way of stepping in.
February 11th, 2010, 08:46 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Becks- I know I answered you elsewhere, just sending you some HUGS!

Jeanine- what an amazing story of hope. I LOVE hearing stories like yours, because it gives me hope that one day I will also be a Mommy.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

February 11th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks Jackie

Jeanine- I agree what an amazing story of hope. Thank you for posting. It really does help when I here that someone has got their BFP.

[SIZE="3"]

February 11th, 2010, 03:34 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
You are welcome, I was just in you all's shoes one month ago and it was always so uplifting hearing endo stories with BFP outcomes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search