How are your AFs???

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2010, 07:42 PM
*Mommy2Remington*'s Avatar ~MommyTo2~
Are your periods light? Heavy? long? Short? Painful???

The reason I'm asking this is that "text book definition" of Endo is extremely painful periods and very heavy, long periods right??? Well, I've NEVER experience any of that and I never have. When I was diagnosed with Endo in 07, it was after about 5 months of having NO periods...then they gave me meds to start my period and then they became semi- normal. Pain was minimal but I had like 60 day cycles. I told the doctors tons of times that I didnt have the 'painful periods' or 'heavy bleeding'. Anyways, since I've been TTC, I've obviously been paying close attention to my periods and have realized my periods are ALWAYS light...and last no more then 2 days.....and NO pain!! I don't get cramps ( I only get O cramps) and it seems like sex is the best right after AF. SOOO not sure its normal to have periods like this with Endo---Im defiantly not complaining about having my type of periods, but I wonder if my infertility could be cause by something else???
February 9th, 2010, 07:46 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you ever been tested for PCOS? Endo is an autoimmune disorder and a lot of times women with one have 1 or 2 other ones as well. AF is usually pretty light for me as well. I only need to use a tampon for two days and sometimes a liner on the 3rd day sometimes not. Apparently the light flow for so few days isn't actually AF for me it's just breakthrough bleeding and since I'm not ovulating or having actual periods the pain isn't as bad.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
February 9th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I havn't ever been tested for PCOS- they do the minimal questions like "any unusual hair growth"...yadda yadda. What kind of tests do they do to test that??
I do have, what they also call "Endos Evil Twin" is IC- Interstitial Cystitis. Its an autoimmune disorder that effects the bladder. The bladder develops ulcers on the bladder wall due to lack of certain cells that form the bladder. There is a list of things that I can not eat or drink (ex- coffee, tomatoes) -- if I do, they pain gets so bad that I have to go to the hospital. SO- I know those 2 disorders are linked but never been tested for PCOS
February 9th, 2010, 08:01 PM
To be honest I'm not sure what tests they do. My first doc just went by my symptoms of wacky cycles and no ovulation or really really weak O's. There's a blood test and the fasting insulin test they can do. They can tell sometimes from u/s if there are lots of little cysts.

12/2011 - TAH and LSO
February 9th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Oh okay. I had an ultra sound last cycle and doc says hes didnt see anything but TONS of follies-- like in the 20s. Is it possible to mistake cysts for follies??
February 9th, 2010, 10:54 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
AF is very light here too.... I do get the pains, but AF is only 2-3 days long and super light the whole time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri2727 View Post
Oh okay. I had an ultra sound last cycle and doc says hes didnt see anything but TONS of follies-- like in the 20s. Is it possible to mistake cysts for follies??
Thats pretty much exactly how my last ultrasound went back in november, about a month before they officially diagnosed me with PCOS

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

February 10th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Super Mommy
I Have light AFs (well rather short ones) 2 - 3 days. but i have a uterine deformity which is more likely the culprit. I think my painfull AFs were a result of AF though.

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
February 10th, 2010, 07:31 AM
I think it's possible the doctor could have mistaken them for follies. The cysts with PCOS are usually pretty small so if the doc wasn't really thinking PCOS then he could have mistaken them.

12/2011 - TAH and LSO

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: