Healing from a lap (xposted)

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2010, 07:15 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a few questions about how much time it took you gals to heal. It's been 3 1/2 years since my last one and I can't remember anything How long did you have the horrible shoulder/gas pain? It's driving me nuts!!! The other is how long did it take your incisions to heal? Two of mine are still really red around the edges and swollen/hard. one of them is even still oozing a little blood. My wonderful DH is a firefighter and used to be an EMT but won't look at them cause it makes him nauseous so he's no help. I don't think they're infected but I remember them looking this way before. They were supposed to have steri-strips but when I took the band-aids off like they said to do the steri-strips kinda came with it. The nurse just said to keep band-aids on them and not get them wet for about two weeks....

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
February 14th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Super Mommy
I am new here..I had my lap on 2/3, my steri-strips also came off with the band-aids. I was told to keep them covered for 48 hours, and then wash with mild soap. I was very gassy for the first week, but feeling fine now. I had no puss/blood coming out of my incisions. The three lower ones look like small cuts, the one in my belly button is hard, and a little red. Good luck!
February 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. I'm just paranoid The doctor was very happy about what he found (or didn't) so since that part went better I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop I had a hydrosalpinx
HTML Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrosalpinx
which the doctor drained, a large cyst removed, and a little bit of endo. My follow up is the 9th and my OBGYN will either give me Met )for PCOS) and clomid, give me that and send me to a RE, or send me straight to a RE.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
February 15th, 2010, 10:56 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
when my new camera comes (I got me a canon rebel) I'll post pics of my insicions now... my navel is not healed yet at all. :S

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

February 18th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
It took a week for the gas to leave after the 1st lap I'd done. It's not nice

It was about 4 days after the 2nd Lap.
My incisions got infected after the 1st lap and it was really smelly and oozing. You should go back to the dr if you are worried. B/C of the infection it took a good 4 weeks to heal.
The 2nd lap was better b/c they were aware of infection from 1st and put me on antibiotics straight away it took about 2to3 weeks to heal.

Hope it gets better for you soon....

[SIZE="3"]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search