New Here - TTC with Endo Stage IV

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
I did not realize there was a board for TTC with Endo. This is fabulous. So I have been lurking in the shadows reading everyone's posts and it seems like there is a great group of people on here. I guess I should start with an introduction. My name is Christina, I have been with my DH for 5 and a half years now and 2 and half of those years we have been married.

I guess I should start at the beginning of my female problems. I have always had horrible times of the month, since I can remember back to middle school, high school and all of college. I would get the worst pain and half the time I would get very ill and end up throwing up and getting sick. I always thought this was a normal but soon found out it was not. My mom, my mom's sister and my mom's mother all had Endometriosis. My mom had a hysterectomy it was so bad and my mother's sister's fallopian tube was shredded because of her Endo. Needless to say it was in my family history and I was pretty sure I had it. I visited with my OB and he said he was 99% sure I had it based on a physical, family history and my symptoms. I scheduled a surgery on May 1, 2009 of last year. When I woke up from the surgery he said I did in fact have Endo, it was Stage IV and was all over my organs. I had it on my bladder, bowel, ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes. He said he was able to remove it all but not from my bowel and I would need to take Lupron to kill the rest. I then would have to endure probably one of the hardest 8 months of my life.

I started the Lupron shot at the end of May and had to be on it for 6 months. I also had to take Femera daily to shut off my Estrogen production. I was put in a menopausal state and didn't get my AF anymore. Lurpon and Femera are nasty drugs, I had horrible hot flashes, extreme mood swings, no interest in sex at all, very bad joint pain you name it I felt like I had it. I used to run every day and near the middle of the treatment I had to stop because my knees hurt so much. Finally I finished up the shot in October and the drug in December. Now I had to wait to get my period.

Finally just this past January 29th I got it! Almost 9 months without the darn thing and I can't tell you how excited I was to get it. My DH and I had planned on the baby making around May/June this year because I wanted to travel to Italy, but my doctor said it was best I try asap since I had the Endo so bad and statistics show it had a 60% chance of coming back within 2 years. Basically waiting from the time I got my period again to June (so 5 months) could of proven to not be a good idea.

So here I am now, researching online, reading boards etc about TTC. My DH and I discussed and felt it was better to start now and put Italy on hold for a later time. If it's now or never we choose now. So I wanted to start off the baby making right and I am watching for signs of my body ovulating. I used to be 28 days every month all the time but now that I was on that drug I seem to not be totally back to that 28 day month. I bought an ovulation kit to be better prepared for knowing when the big O arrived. I tested every day since my 11th day of my cycle and in the past would of ovulated around day 14. Well it looks like I got my LH surge this past Sunday would make it day 17. Every day I checked and never had a hint of a red line. I checked this past Saturday around 5pm and there was no line. I was on vacation with my DH and we came back Sunday and I checked around 3pm and there was a very dark red line. I noticed other signs that I normally wouldn't pay attention to like I started to have a EWCM etc. We did the BD that day. I checked again Sunday night around 9pm and it was still a bright red line. Today is Monday and I checked again at 12pm and it's still red and i still notice a EWCM. I guess my body is really surging! So the BD has been done the day I noticed and today as well, unfortunately, it was not done on Saturday, the day before I noticed the LH Surge.

I know this a super long post but I really wanted to get my story out there and see if anyone has been in a similar boat? Did you have Endo really bad and were you able to conceive naturally? How long did it take? Is there anything else I should be doing to increase my chances of conceiving? I eat pretty healthy, drink minimal (although now since it is the TWW I am not drinking at all) I exercise and try my best to stay in shape.

Everyone on here sounds extremely helpful and just researching online about this doesn't compare, I think, to real life experiences. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and cross your fingers that my first time TTC works out This TWW is going to be so long :-P
February 16th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Super Mommy
Welcome to the board. I am new here also, and I also have stage IV. I just had surgery on 2/3. I was not placed on mediction after the surgery. My dr said if we want a baby to start trying now, b/c he removed all of the endo. During surgery I lost my left tube, which decreases our chances, but hopefully not by much.

Good luck
February 16th, 2010, 08:22 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
I can't say I have been able to conceive yet... but in a similar boat. I had my lap in June of 2009. Tried clomid w/ trigger and IUI in July and Aug with no luck. When I had AF those months it was still very painful... like nothing had changed. I waited through September (still very painful) and then went back to my surgeon. She recommended lupron (which I completely agree is a NASTY drug!). Here I sit, about to get my 5th shot of lupron and wishing I wasn't. I didn't consult my fertility lady before my shot (just spoke with her tonight... oh boy) and she said it will pretty much be 6 months before we can try anything. And she said I should be taking calcium... which I haven't been because nobody told me to! She said lupron is really bad for fertility but that is in studies with people over 30 and I just turned 26 so it might be alright.

Long story short I know where you are coming from. I don't know what stage my endo is/was but I know it was all over and my left tube is in a bad position (as in might not work at all).

Anyways... that was long too. Nice to meet you! I also lurk a lot and post a little.

Tiffany
February 17th, 2010, 04:16 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome I'm Paige and just had my 3rd lap last Monday. I haven't been pregnant yet but it IS possible. My OBGYN told me a few weeks ago to never let any doctor tell you if was impossible unless you'd had a hysterectomy. It just takes us longer. I did Lupron as well. I had one, one month shot and four three month shots. I think I'm in the minority because I loved it after the first 2 months when the menopause side effects wore off. I do wish I had taken calcium with it though because my bones are now crap. Anyway, I'm another one that has a crap tube. I had a hydrosalpinx and while the tube is still there there's about an 80% chance that it won't really work and the RE may actually want to remove it because it makes ectopic's more likely.

To give us all a little bit of hope I was watching I Didn't Know I was Pregnant last night and the woman had been told 6 years before that she would not be able to get pregnant because of ovarian cysts and endo.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
February 23rd, 2010, 11:56 PM
Super Mommy
I had stage 2 endo removed in dec. I have a uterine deformity and had a large fibroid removed. I am 34 so obviously time is of the essence but since i can only conceive using my right ovary (left one isnt attached to my uterus) it will take me longer as well. I am upping my chances by doing IUI (yet to start though as its a scary intimidating process for me and DH). Have you had a PCT? it may help see if your CM is hostile or not (apparantly endo can cause an acidic CM issue).....

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
March 5th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima View Post
I had stage 2 endo removed in dec. I have a uterine deformity and had a large fibroid removed. I am 34 so obviously time is of the essence but since i can only conceive using my right ovary (left one isnt attached to my uterus) it will take me longer as well. I am upping my chances by doing IUI (yet to start though as its a scary intimidating process for me and DH). Have you had a PCT? it may help see if your CM is hostile or not (apparantly endo can cause an acidic CM issue).....
what is PCT?
March 5th, 2010, 04:10 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Post coital test.. Some doctors swear by them some refuse to do them. I had two and both times DH's sperm were dead but it was like 13 hours later. Usually you have to BD and then go in within a few hours. The ones I had the doctor used a little syringe thingy and then put it on a slide and looked through the microscope.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
March 11th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Next time I talk with my doctor I will definitely mention that. And to think I feel like I am on top of everything but that is good to know! Thanks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search