DH's views on going back to work after baby?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2010, 12:29 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For those of you who work, how does your other half feel about you going back to work after you have a baby? How do you feel about it?

Matt and I never talked about it and let me tell you how shocked and upset I was when the topic came up last weekend!!!! I love my husband but I think his manly chauvanist side was coming out He REALLY wants me to stay home with the baby because he doesn't want a stranger raising his baby and day care is too expensive. Of course he doesn't want to be the one to stay home he wants ME to do it. We finally had to stop talking about it cause I wanted to strangle him

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
February 20th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are on the same page with DH. At first I was annoyed he would rather I stay home, but with time I'm realizing that I WANT to (we first discussed it 4 years ago and I had time to change my mind especially when I realized that I feel best when I'm at home)

With a sort of compromise. I want to be a translator, which can be done free-lance, thus, at home.
So when I have a baby I'll be a SAHM with occasional freelance translations, and as my child or children grow older and I have more free time (preschool, school...) I'll take on more & more clients and jobs and transition to a fulltime career. I actually think it would work very well.
I'm going to go back to school for one year to get some professional translation training, in September. So if I have a baby during that year, yes it will be harder to complete school but I think I can do it because it's one of my dreams.

February 23rd, 2010, 11:39 PM
Super Mommy
I am soooo done with corporate.....i will only work outside of being a SAHM if i feel i need some work stimulation. other than that, i see a moms priority in the first few years as caring for the baby to prepare it for life. once it is in school, i would consider full time employment. a womans career is not a straight lines like a man......

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
February 24th, 2010, 07:56 AM
rachel.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well... I wanna be a SAHM but it's just not a plausible option. Right now I'm doing college stuff, and am getting placed by my college in a new job called a work study, which pays more than minimum wage (YES!) and looks good on future applications in the medical field (YESx2!) but it's okay with me. I think, I am addicted to learning now that I'm in college, and going to med school to be a GYN and specializing in endo is sooooooo tempting!!!

non-vaxing, non-circing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, attachment-parenting my babies
February 24th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Super Mommy
i have done the career thingy for 15 yers now..... the one advantage of being an old mom is having been there done that with regard to work. i have no ambition right now. i will probably reasses when in my 40s lol

February 25th, 2010, 08:50 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
I am currently the one with a career in our relationship. DH has work injuries that we have been dealing with for the past 14 months. He wont be able to go back to his previous job and will be doing the student thing (starting this summer hopefully). I did my school thing for 6 years and have a lot of student loans to pay back before I can debate staying home. I am currently working 50hrs/wk but I think if I did get pg I would cut down to 30-40. Doing ONE job instead of TWO. DH knows he would be the daddy daycare guy and I think he is ok with that. Kinda has to be at this point in time.
February 25th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Super Mommy
would be sooo much easier if he could do the preggy part too Tiffnany lol.....

February 26th, 2010, 09:29 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
That would be nice! Though I am really looking forward to having 12 weeks off at some point in time. He has had plenty of time off! Just had surgery #2 a week and a half ago. 6 months before he will be able to hold anything baby sized!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search