Endometrosis Sufferer's Bill Of Rights!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2010, 04:53 PM
rachel.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't write this, I found it on deviantart.com. It just fits! Since March is Endometrosis Awareness Month, let's get into gear! Wear ribbons, be ready to explain Endometrosis and how difficult it is to live with. Let's kiss endo goodbye!

5) I cry every time the pain is so bad that it keeps me from being a productive member of society. It is the pain that makes it hard for me to visit with friends and family or work, not because I don't want to.

4) Endometriosis is a disease, it's not just bad cramps. Many other medical conditions also come as a "gift" when you have endometriosis. No, there is no known cure. Having a baby will not solve my problems and you're an *** for saying so. Lupron is not a miracle shot, it is a temporary solution with very serious long term side effects. Do NOT perform a laperscopic surgery just to get it under your belt and stick it on your resume, if you can't help, help me find someone who can.

3) My emotions are out of control, and it's not just from the Lupron. I am uncomfortable in my own skin and ashamed of what this disease has done to my body. That too makes me cry every day, because I don't know how to deal with this and neither does anyone else.

2) Don't tell me you know how I feel, that you've had something similar. You don't, and you didn't. Endometriosis has a very distinct feeling and if you do not have it, you cannot imagine what it is like to feel so clearly know where and when the disease is spreading inside of you while you and the doctors both are helpless to stop it.

1) Learn about endometriosis with me, help me not be scared. This is the most important thing you can do for me.

non-vaxing, non-circing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, attachment-parenting my babies
February 26th, 2010, 09:32 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
No one has commented on this but I say AMEN! I still have hopes that lupron will be helpful long term. God knows I need to get rid of the hot flashes and regain my elephant like memory.

Tiffany
February 27th, 2010, 09:08 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love reading things like this because they actually put into words what I never seem to be able to.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
February 27th, 2010, 11:05 AM
rachel.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know, it's so hard to describe how endo feels and the hopelessness that comes with it, when you feel pain in a new area, and you just know it's spreading and you can't stop it.

non-vaxing, non-circing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, attachment-parenting my babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search