I made an appointment...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I posted about a month ago about my weird symptoms and wondering if I should make a doctor appointment.
Basically, I have weird cramps from about 3DPO til I get my period at 12 or 13DPO.
Pretty much it goes like this:

3-5DPO: Left inner thigh cramps radiating down my left leg, sometimes all the way to my foot.
Sometimes left foot numbness.
6-12DPO: Inner thigh cramps, worse on the left than on the right. Very low back/sacrum pain (basically upper butt pain). Bad enough that it hurts to lay on my back to sleep at night.

By the time I actually get my period (which happens to be today), I feel pretty darn good. Some mild cramps, but nothing to gripe about. My flow is not alarmingly heavy. And then the next cycle it all happens again.
The first time I had these symptoms was about 2 years ago when I was trying to conceive my first child. Never had anything like it before that. I got pregnant within a few months of noticing the symptoms, and then didn't get my period until I weaned my son when he was 10 months old. Since then the symptoms have gotten worse and are starting earlier on in the 2WW. (I used to just get the cramping down my left leg at about 8DPO.)

Anyway, I have no idea if this could be endo or not. It seems odd that I had absolutely NO symptoms until I was 23 1/2 years old. I really hope the doctor will take me seriously b/c it's freaking me out. Basically, we try each month for a baby, but when the symptoms start at 3DPO, I automatically assume I'm not pregnant.

I think I might try soy isoflavones this cycle. I know I'm a loong way from getting any kind of real medical assitance in TTC, so I might just give it a whirl.

Any thought/advice would be welcome.

My Ovulation Chart
March 10th, 2010, 10:03 AM
rachel.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that endo is a horrible thing to have, and it's better to catch it early. I say, cookies for you for being your own advocate!!! if your doctor doesn't take your concern seriously, i'd say consider finding a new doctor because endo IS serious, and i'm so tired of people thinking it's not.

non-vaxing, non-circing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, attachment-parenting my babies
March 10th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for your response.

Do you have any idea what I can expect at this first appointment?

My Ovulation Chart
March 10th, 2010, 11:27 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your doctor will probably do an exam and ultrasound. Honestly, your first appointment all depends on what kind of doctor you get. I know that doesn't help much Some will do u/s and exam, blood work, and maybe an MRI, others won't do anything. Just whatever you do, don't let your doctor get you down. If you have to get another one, get another one

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
March 10th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Ditto what Paige said. The first two doctors I saw told me I was depressed and needed to get over it. :/ Finally went BACK to Dr. Turner as a last ditch effort, and voila, scheduled for a laproscopy two days later to diagnose. Just depends on the doctor. Keep us posted!

non-vaxing, non-circing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, attachment-parenting my babies
March 11th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you go to an OB/GYn or who? Do you think my symptoms sound like endo?

My Ovulation Chart
March 11th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I went to an OB/GYN after I saw two different GP's. The OB/GYN I saw coincidentally delivered my daughter, and saved her life as well as mine, so now that he's the one who found my endo I love him, lol. I think your symptoms do sound quite a bit like endo. Any kind of cramp that radiates from one side to another or down your legs is a warning sign of endo. The numbness part doesn't sound so much like endo... unless you have it on your sciatic nerve? I know it's rare but it's possible. KUP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search