Desperately need advice!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2010, 08:47 AM
Regular
Hi, I'm new to this board.

I've been TTC for 2.5yrs, had 2 pregnancies the first year that ended in m/c. Had a cyst removed in Dec 08, at which point my doc said I had very mild endo. Went back on pill for 3months, then started TTC again. And here we are, a year later and still nothing.
Had all fertility test done and all is ok. So my doc wants to operate again to check for some more endo!!!

Am I the only one to feel like everything was fine until they operated??? I'm really reluctant to have another surgery. My CA125 levels were at 39 on my last BT.

Have any of you been in similar situation? Anyone know if an op would really improve my chances?
Any advice would be great. Thanks
March 23rd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Crys's Avatar Vampire Loving Mama :)
Send a message via MSN to Crys Send a message via Yahoo to Crys
I know from my own personal experience was this. I had my lap done end of Nov 2007. I had two af's & on the 3rd cycle post surgery I got my bfp with my son. I am considering the surgery again in hopes that it will help me out again. But personally that is just my story

March 23rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's a tough decision to make. Sometimes endo grows back and causes so pain or symptoms at all so it could be affecting your fertility. I just had one 6 weeks ago. Even though I had it mainly for other reasons I still would have had it if only to check for endo. As for the CA125 levels, it can be an indicator of endo but it's not definitive. It could be "normal" had there still be horrible endo in there

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
March 24th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
I had Endo severely which was my reason for getting it. I am only on cycle #2 of TTC my first, but if you aren't feeling at ease with the suggestion I think you should get a second opinion.
March 25th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Regular
Thanks girls.
I Actually did get more opinions, 4 to be exact, in 4 different countries (don't ask!!!) and all said another lap is a good idea, just to check. But I'm still not comfortable having it if I don't have any proof that it's worth doing!!
Am I crazy?
I don't have any of the endo symptoms. I just changed docs a few months ago (because we moved) and basically, if I wouldn't have mentioned to him that there was a bit of staining left after the lap that they didn't want to touch, he wouldn't have known!!! it wasn't in my file, i just knew about it...
March 25th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
The lap really isn't that invasive of a surgery. As you know they do 3-4 small holes, if there is no Endo then they sew you back up, if there is they remove it. As you know Endo is a very weird thing, many women could have the worst symptoms of it and only have very little, or some women have so much and have no symptoms and don't even know until they get a lap. I feel like it is always worth getting a lap to remove Endo to help your chances of conceiving. If they are all saying it I think you should entertain the idea.

It looks like you live in Australia. Otherwise I would recommend my doctor. He is here in the US and probably one of the best on the entire east coast.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search