How far are you willing to go?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Crys's Avatar Vampire Loving Mama :)
Send a message via MSN to Crys Send a message via Yahoo to Crys
Just curious as to how far we ladies are willing to go to get the babies we all want and dream about?

We personally can't afford much in the way of medical assistance. Maybe we could save enough for IUI but I still don't even have a clue as to how much something like that would cost.

So basically if I had the finances I would do anything but with that limitation we logically could do as much pill or shot to help get pg but as far as IUI or IVF that would be highly an unlikely thing for us

April 13th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are definitely thinking that a laproscopy might be in my future. I would do Clomid or Femara if a doctor thought it would help, but I seem to ovulate just fine on my own, so I really don't know that I even need anything like that.
Other than that, we would *maybe* go as far as an IUI. BTW, on another board I think someone said their IUI cost about $500, but I'm sure it varies.
We've already talked about adoption and would definitely go that route if we aren't able to conceive on our own again. IVF would never be an option for us; we just wouldn't be willing/able to pay that amount of money for something with no gaurantee of a baby as a result.

My Ovulation Chart
April 13th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I may actually talk prices with my ob next visit although I bet he would have to send me to an RE which the nearest one is in St. Louis. Soooo who knows about the cost of IUI. I have just read something about Femera and how they are wanting to stop giving it to women to take becuase it can cause birth defects in babies who were concieved with it.

I will try to find that link

April 13th, 2010, 07:45 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't heard that about Femara.

If money were no object we'd go all the way up to IVF, probably try that 2 or 3 times depending on how i handled it. Since we're no Bill Gates we would possibly try IUI once. I'm still torn on whether or not to try and IUI if needed or just start the adoption process. It costs a lot more but there's a guarantee there ya know. I know we're going to try Clomid (its already sitting on my bathroom counter) and injects if needed.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
April 15th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
I would say I would definitely do anything to get that baby. I would be willing to do, if I had to, IVF 2-3 times before I gave into infertility. Hopefully I don't have to go that route ever though. DH and I, knock on wood, have great jobs so money is no object. Btw I am not gloating or anything
April 15th, 2010, 09:56 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
We have done 2 IUI's. They were a little over $500 each (that included the sperm wash and injection of sperm). I did also have 3 transvaginal ultra sounds the first time and 2 the second. Each is $250 that my ins covered. I was on clomid, it is a $4 script from Wallmart.

I think we will be doing another IUI when I finally get AF back. I think we will do (hopefully dont need to) 2-3 more (not sure what DH thinks). Maybe on an every other month schedule due to the cost.

There is an IVF Dr here in Alaska who doesn't charge nearly what Dr's out of state cost. I think we would talk about maybe doing a cycle of IVF next summer if needed... but I am not sure. We are both open to adoption so that may be a better choice if we are in a different house.

Tiffany
April 16th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebblesbuddy View Post
I would say I would definitely do anything to get that baby. I would be willing to do, if I had to, IVF 2-3 times before I gave into infertility. Hopefully I don't have to go that route ever though. DH and I, knock on wood, have great jobs so money is no object. Btw I am not gloating or anything

I wouldnt have taken it as gloating trust me. I think mentally how lucky you are to have the funds available.

April 16th, 2010, 06:43 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We tried an IUI (even though my RE basically told us it probably wouldn't work- we didn't want to "skip" that step), and then we did an IVF w/ICSI cycle last month. Everything went perfectly and we transferred 2 perfect-quality embies, but ended up with a BFN. Lots of money, time, and hope went away with it.

We have 6 frozen embies, which gives us 2 shots at a FET (frozen embie transfer). Those 2 shots are only only ttc shots left, since I'm on BCP before and after each attempt due to the endo crappy pain. Adoption isn't an option for my hubby and I by choice.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search