Lupron ladies... thoughts needed.

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2010, 09:32 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
So today is 5 weeks 1 day since my last lupron shot. I had the shot of progesterone Monday the 12th of April.

Well... Monday night I started having brown discharge . I called my fertility lady Tuesday and she said to call her today if I had a full flow. Well I still have about the same amount of brown discharge. Just enough to be on the TP and maybe just a little on my panty liner.

Was this other ladies experience after lupron?? I generally have a very regular period and it has no problems getting started. I have been a little crampy but nothing major. It does feel like my period though (the few months that my pain was decent).

Just wondering how many days I might be dealing with this before I finally get a full flow and can move on with life!

Tiffany
April 22nd, 2010, 06:25 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm no help. I was one of the lucky ones. About 4 weeks after I was due for another shot I started. Hopefully one of the other ladies can be more help. I know it's got to be frustrating

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
April 23rd, 2010, 01:50 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm no help either, I'm sorry. I've not done the Lupron treatment.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

April 23rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm probably no help with this either because my lupron experience was hell. I had two 3 month shots of it and my doctor wouldn't give me anything to start my period back. I never got mine back finally until my doctor inserted my IUD. That wasn't until 4 months after my shot wore out of my body so 7 months after my shot was given. I'm guessing you had the one month shot though so it shouldn't take you nearly as long to get your cycles back. Mine could have taken up to a year or longer had they not done the IUD. Also, if you had a reg period before lupron you should have a reg period again when it returns.
April 23rd, 2010, 11:18 PM
akicequeen02's Avatar Super Mommy
I called my Dr yesterday and she said she thought that was my period. The lupron shot makes your lining thin so 3 days of just a little spotting is all I got for a period this month I guess. She started me on 100mg clomid for days 3-7 and I will have a US next Friday to see if this cycle will be a go for IUI!

Daneeligh- I am glad I was not on the 3 month shot! I couldn't have handled putting off TTC for that long!! That sounds crazy! I had a patient today why is on lupron for prostate cancer, all I could say was sorry... I couldn't imagine having to take that drug for an unknown amount of time.

Tiffany
April 24th, 2010, 09:01 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was the worst experience of my life lol....
April 26th, 2010, 11:14 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
Just curious if you were still trying to conceive after taking your last shot, cause you COULD be pregnant.

In 2002 I did 6 months of Lupron injections. My last injection was late May 02 and in June I had a few days of brown spotting, I took a pregnancy test and it came up +...so basically I got pregnant BEFORE getting my first period back. My son is now 7

In order to get pregnant this time around I simply took Lybrel BCP for 6 months and got pregnant a week after stopping the pill.

I have stage 4 endometriosis...very bad....so there is hope for you ladies, I got pregnant 3 times since my diagnosis (MC Jan 09).

GOOD LUCK!

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

April 26th, 2010, 11:32 AM
rachel.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had LOTS of cm and spotty brown yucky stuff right after Lupron wore off, and now that my bcp are in my system it's just yucky tons of cm. Ughhhh.

non-vaxing, non-circing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, attachment-parenting my babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search