questionably new

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2010, 11:10 AM
berrymom's Avatar Veteran
Hi,
I am not sure if my pain is due to endo.. I've had bad periods since I can remember (not sure if it started with my periods at 14, but soon after). I was told to just take advil for about a year until a new doctor said bc may help.

I've now been on some form of bc or another for almost 8 years, and the pain never completely went away, but became manageable. (I've also got some other weird symptoms that may be endo, or just what is 'normal' for me.)

Since dh and I have been talking about starting ttc, I've been online looking at just about everything I can, and endo keeps coming back up in my face. I've been lurking here for a while, and it's been helpful to see that a diagnosis with endo does not mean the end of the ttc story. Thinking about the pain I've got while on bc, I am very scared of going off to begin ttc.

I've been reading a lot about doctors waving off endo pain, how long was it before a doctor took you seriously? Or even with a diagnosis, how long before a doctor will prescribe ttc aides (infertility drugs?) for you?

Thanks, and good luck to all of you
April 26th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm still in the process of being diagnosed. My periods aren't actually very painful at all, but I have sciatic pain down my leg from a few days after I ovulate until I get AF. I haven't found a doctor who has taken me very seriously yet, but I just went in for the first time in March. This is our 5th cycle TTC, the doctor said if I'm not pregnant within 9 cycles we will maybe talk about doing a laproscopic surgery to diagnose.

My Ovulation Chart
April 26th, 2010, 11:30 AM
rachel.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had to wait about 6 months before I had a doctor take me seriously. Consequently he also delivered my daughter prior to that and saved her life as well as mine. As soon a she heard my symptoms he said, "You have Endometriosis, and I need to perform a laproscopy." He found "significant" endometriosis and was amazed I had gotten pregnant with my daughter. Right now I'm in a three-month dry period on bcp after Lupron therapy, considering TTC at the end of that period. If my doctor recommends fertility meds, like Clomid, it will be completely out of pocket for me, unless he can pull another magic miracle to get my insurance to pay for it like he did with the Lupron.

non-vaxing, non-circing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, attachment-parenting my babies
April 26th, 2010, 11:31 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
I was only diagnosed after 12 months of TTC even though I got pregnant with my first two boys very quickly. I had NO symptoms of endometriosis but after all the other infertility testing was done my dr. finally did an hsg which looks supsicious so we did a lap, where we discovered stage 4 endometriosis. Dr. removed what he could but it was very bad and wrapped all around my bowels. I followed up surgery with 6 months of Lupron. I got pregnant with my 3rd son the very next month after my last shot, never did get my period back. I began taking LYBREL bcp after the birth of my 3rd son. It helps supress your endometriosis as you don't have periods anymore. I quit taking them in Sept 08, got pregnant in Nov 08 but had a MC in Jan 09 at 11 weeks. We tried for 5 more months after the MC with no success so I had a feeling the endo was out of control again so I took upon myself to go back on the Lybrel bcp for 6 months. I quit taking it Dec 21st and got a + hpt Jan 15th...I'll be 19 weeks pregnant tomorrow and all has been going great.

For those of you that know you have endometriosis and Lupron is an option I would strongly consider it, it's really not that bad and the time goes by fast. Otherwise think of trying Lybrel birth control for about 6 months. These treatments helped me get pregnant immediately THREE times.

Good Luck to everyone!

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

April 26th, 2010, 04:57 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It took me about 5 years to get a diagnosis. I've seen four different doctors since starting TTC (three overseas) and none would do anything medication wise until after a lap. What other "weird" symptoms do you have? Endo isn't just the cramps, there are other wonderful things that go along with it.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
April 27th, 2010, 04:34 AM
berrymom's Avatar Veteran
I don't know how 'typical' anything is, and these are all while on bc (which is supposed to alleviate symptoms right?) digestive issues.. constipation for about the week before my period, and pain with bding around the same time frame.. I just get a lot of pain and aches around my hips, stomach, back for the week before through the week of my period.
Before bc i also had very long, heavy periods that would last 5 or more days, disappear for a day or two, and then come back for 2-3 more days. I can see that pattern starting to appear again now with spotting a day or two after it stops usually. I brought up the change in length with my doctor last year, and all she said was that my bc may not be as effective as it once was, and switched which type I was taking, but with all the other issues she never mentioned endo.
April 28th, 2010, 04:22 PM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
BC doesn't always help. It helps tons for some women and not at all for others so things might not be any worse off BC. I have the same issues. Constipated about a week before AF and then the day I start a seriously upset stomach. Back pain and thigh pain too. It can also affect your cycles. Heavy bleeding and long periods are part of it with some.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
April 28th, 2010, 09:54 PM
lauren.nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started having periods at 11 and was diagnosed with endometriosis stage 4 at 15. I had two surgeries at 16 and 18 for it. My right ovary is non-functioning and immature, basically it never developed. I was on birth control from 14 until 18, and then from 20 until 21 - December of 2009 when I started trying to conceive my second. Birth control never controlled my symptoms. Lupron daily injections were also of no help. I've never had a problem getting pregnant (first month with each kid). I'm so incredibly lucky for that, but I really think it was due to how I used my birth control. I'd take it continuously for months and never ovulate, then stop suddenly and let my hormones go a little crazy, and weeks later I'd finally ovulate - and then conceive. Not sure if that makes sense...

May 5th, 2010, 03:28 PM
It only took 1 Dr visit for my Dr to decide treat me for Endo. I had been on BC for 8 years before I was ttc with my husband (we've been trying for 8 months now). My cramps were always bad even when I was on the BCP. Once I stopped taking it, it took about 3 months and then every month I was having the worst pain of my life during the first 2 days of my period. I also had pain during BD the closer it got to AF. I did not know that was abnormal as everyone in my family has painful periods. My husband is in the Army, so after TTC for 7 months I checked in with a civilian Dr that I was lucky enough to be approved to see. All seemed to be checked out and when I told him about my cramps he suggested doing a lapro as all symptoms sounded like endo. 2 weeks later I was in for surgery. I had a veryyy small amount of endo so I was lucky, enough to cause pain though. Just make sure your Dr knows that something isn't right. The right Dr will take your concerns seriously!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search