new here and need advice just starting testing

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Hey Ladies,

I'm new here, my name is Amber. Hubby and I have been married for three years and going to start TTC in March 11. For the past year I've been having super long periods (10-14 day on a 27day cycle), which I thought was a side effect of taking bcp for 9 years. After about a year I finally decided to go to the doc to see if anything could be causing this. I had a vaginal ultrasound which came back normal but doc thought it was necessary to do a hysteroscopy and d&c anyways. I just had that done this Monday. They found that even though I just had a cycle that it appears that the lining of the uterus is not shedding at all. They also found a polyp. She did not remove the polyp because it was pretty far back on my uteran wall. It was a very painful procedure because she had to remove all of that tissue that was left. She is hoping that this will bring my periods back the normal time frame.

My questions for you all is 1). Do polyps grow? Since I have one will they multiply and I will continue to get more? 2) How does this effect ttc? Should we start trying now, which we are not opposed to doing if need be? Any advice you all can give I would greatly appreciate. I plan on talking to the doc about all of this as well but my follow up appointment is not until the middle of June. Please help!!

Thank you,

Amber
June 12th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Crys's Avatar Vampire Loving Mama :)
Send a message via MSN to Crys Send a message via Yahoo to Crys
hi hun Im Crys. Im going to try and answer your questions the best of my knowledge because Im not an expert but I have had some issues with polyps.

1). Do polyps grow? I would say yes but I had a few removed and Im not sure about the ones inside my uterus but the one on the outside of my cervix isnt there anymore so its my thinking that once they are removed that they don't grow back. I think that it would only affect ttc or cause problems with a pregnancy if the baby implanted on or near one of your polyps.

as far as you ttc now. That is a decision that you and your dh should discuss. Everyone woman is different. Even a woman with Endo can ttc for longer then the next. It depends on many factors and if Endo is your only problem. I know once I got my hysterocopy/lap surgery it only took me 3 months to concieve my son but this time around it took me 15 months to concieve my next baby. Its hard to say if and when you would get pg.

I hope you come back & update us on your follow up with your ob appt. Im interested in what he/she has to say.

and welcome to the group hun

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search